ta perf valve cover breather grommet

ryan george

How much do these need trimmed up? I don't have the instructions. Doesn't seem like much breathing can happen. Thx.

They should be open between the two flaps. One is above the other one.

I got mine opened up over 1/8 inch with an angle cut on the 90 deg edges. Be careful not to push the breather past the ring cut about 1" below the top of the grommet. If you do it will push the top flap against the bottom and close it off.

Also make sure both the grommet and breather are clean with no oil or the breather will pop out when your driving!

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Especially the tip on pushing the breather past the ring. I would bet I have it pushed down.

Guys, is there any reason to keep these flaps and not open them up completely? I've cleaned up the areas where the 2 meet and I'm still opening the hood to these being blown out every time I take it out. I'm cleaning the oil off of the breather and in the grommet, but it doesn't seem to be working. Previous breathers on stock valve covers were straight thru. Thanks.

Check the length of your breather tube insert to the top flap on the grommet, you may be able to go past the ring in the grommet as long as it does not push the top flap down. I use brake cleaner on both the grommet and breather tube and they stick togerther firm.

Guys, is there any reason to keep these flaps and not open them up completely? I've cleaned up the areas where the 2 meet and I'm still opening the hood to these being blown out every time I take it out. I'm cleaning the oil off of the breather and in the grommet, but it doesn't seem to be working. Previous breathers on stock valve covers were straight thru. Thanks.

The reason I leave the flaps (baffels) in place is the filters stay cleaner longer than without, on my car.