ta block

A friend of mine over on the turbobuicks.com site did his own TA block build at home in his garage. He did a complete write up on the build in the stage section.

"A friend of mine over on the turbobuicks.com site did his own TA block build at home in his garage. He did a complete write up on the build in the stage section. "
The machinist who did his TA block did the machine work on my 109 as well. Bill Coleman does outstanding work, the work he did to prepare my engine was just dead-on perfect. We chewed the fat for a while and I found out he does R&D work for Felpro headgaskets, in particular for turbo and supercharger applications, Felpro goes to him for advice. Coleman is our Buick Smokey Yunick. He was also in full agreement that the 109 does not need a girdle when running a quality forged crank with billet caps, waste of money.
I sure like that TA block, the Ford Cobra boys get that type of beefy/quality super high horsepower capable block from the factory, its to bad we have to buy aftermarket for the same but I tip my hat to TA for offering such a quality piece. Everything I have received from TA has been very high quality.
Mike

Whats the biggest bore size with these blocks? I've got pistons for my 4.1 that i think are 4.20 . i'd hate to buy pistons again is i dont have to.

4.00 is it. Even at 4.00 the sleeve is pretty thin. I would go smaller with the bore size in case you come across a situation where you have to go back in and bore bigger. Otherwise, you're looking at having to replace all the sleeves, which is not fun at all. Ask me how I know.