Ta-52 sell or trade

87lightweight

turbo1.jpg.jpg

turbo2.jpg.jpg

i have very nice ta-52 with precision exhaust housing,
unsure of miles but it is very clean no smoke or abnormal shaft play,
turbo is still on car, only reason i am selling is to go bigger :biggrin:
$600 shipped or may do some trading on another turbo around a te-62 or a 6265 or 6776
thanks for looking

what size injectors are u running and have u raced the car with that turbo if so what et did it run

Ive got a question maybe some one could answer.I have a 85 gn all stock and last year some crooks took her out for a joy ride.Now it smokes a little at start up.(valve seal i suspect )but i have a steady amount of white smoke when i rev up the engine.I havent really drove the car for years so i thought possibly there was a lot of moisture in the exaust so i drove around a bit and after an hour or so the exaust didnt seem to smoke but once i kicked in the turbo it started smoking again.Ive torn off the turbo,intake and next the heads.I figured ill start rebuilding it back but i want a better turbo but are there specific ones that fit hot air cars??? and when you mentioned smoking do you mean from the exaust pipe? perhaps my turbo is wasted? it appeared to sound and run fine and it really doesnt have any excessive play.Spins smoothly..Thanks for any suggestions.:confused:

TA-33 Is what most people say around here for Hot Air. I think some have run TA-49's but with custom intake adapters.

Thanks for heading me in the right direction.I went to TURBO topics threads and found a turbo 101 that showed the ta 33 verses the 84-85 turbo and they do look identical.Do you know if the TA33 has a cross reference # for a diffrent brand? ILL replace the heads with new springs 100 lbs and i have new injectors with matching chip so a new turbo would be great as well.
Ive babied this car and kept her all original but i now want to get the 85 out and not worry if i keep it stock...