TA 49 - Ball Bearing Option?

ncbuick

I am looking to keep my 1986 stock appearing. Is the TA 49 turbo in the stock housing available with a ball bearing turbo?

If so who has them available?
Thanks

I can build them special order. Either the t04e60 cast wheel or an MFS drop in. I start Garrett ball bearing cartridge. The cartridge is torn down and compressor switched out. Back plate is replaced and the cartridge is re-assembled with a backplate that will work with stock compressor cover that has been continued to the compressor wheel that's going to be used. The bearing housing must be water cooled. You will need to plumb the lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie question, what is the advantage of ball bearing TA49?
A lighter wallet for the most part. With a properly setup exhaust leak free combo with a D5 will spool really fast and e.t. Really well with the Garrett .63. I just re-assured myself with this on a 7700 mile car last month. With a car delete and 3" dp the spool up was faster than stock with a custom burned chip.

A lighter wallet for the most part. With a properly setup exhaust leak free combo with a D5 will spool really fast and e.t. Really well with the Garrett .63. I just re-assured myself with this on a 7700 mile car last month. With a car delete and 3" dp the spool up was faster than stock with a custom burned chip.

Would it be cost effective to build a Mfs 6176E ball bearing cartridge unit w/ Garrett .63.. say against a pte 6262/6265bb?

Would it be cost effective to build a Mfs 6176E ball bearing cartridge unit w/ Garrett .63.. say against a pte 6262/6265bb?
You won't get the full flow out a of a t0476 trim turbine in a Garrett .63. I've used MFS 62 compressor with the t0476. It's good for low 10's but I doubt it would get the potential out of the turbine. Going to a t4 with external gate opens up selection a lot. The EFR turbos can be used. They will spool faster relative to supported mass flow than anything

You won't get the full flow out a of a t0476 trim turbine in a Garrett .63. I've used MFS 62 compressor with the t0476. It's good for low 10's but I doubt it would get the potential out of the turbine. Going to a t4 with external gate opens up selection a lot. The EFR turbos can be used. They will spool faster relative to supported mass flow than anything

Very informative thanks....

Thanks V6sleeper but my goal is to have it 100% stock appearing so plumbed would not be a option, I plan on using the stock air cleaner box so I want it stock appearing.....

Thanks V6sleeper but my goal is to have it 100% stock appearing so plumbed would not be a option, I plan on using the stock air cleaner box so I want it stock appearing.....
I know sorry didn't mean to hi-jack your thread, that was my own personal question since we were on the subject of small turbos with bb cartridges.