T.V. Cable

Priz

Ok, I put a new, 86-87 TR, BRF tv cable on the car(87 GN). It took 14 clicks to get it to shift right. And while at the track, I noticed it doesn't hold first as long as it did, only to about 4100, then second lasts longer than it did, but it's still short. So short it drops into 3rd and the rpm's go to like 2200. It basically shifted into 3rd at about 50mph, even at WOT. So when I pulled the pan to do a fluid change, I checked a little more closely, it's a BQ8 valvebody (out of an 84-85 TR?) and it has the orange-geared, one spring, one little weight-one big weight governor in it, and a Super Servo. I've found out that there is another part number for the 84-85 trannies, is it possible that having the wrong year tv cable is causing my shifting problems? I'm not sure on this, I mean it would be nice to have the right cable for the tranny, and I think an 84-85 cable would work on an 87 GN, but I would think the only difference in cables would be length. So adjusting the one I have out (or in if needed) should make it shift right....right? Any ideas on what else could be causing my problems? Thanks for the help,
Scott P.

What you have should work. The VB is ok for your application. Gov is correct.

Good Luck

Bruce
WE4