t-tops and Horse power

I would say it should be safe at some level under 10,000 HP :biggrin:

might mean more to learn 60' times as that is what seems like the twist ans stress should peak???

there someone out there that can give some insight on this question. It's not a stupid one I seen a camaro with t tops twist with 850 HP at 66 in chicago

I haven't had any trouble with mine. Tons of 12 second passes and a few high 11's.

After that you should get a 'cage anyway. The 'cage will not allow the chassis to flex as much if done correctly.

I have seen some VERY fast stage II cars with a cage and T-tops - One of them glued them in though as they tend to pull up at high (150+) MPH.

HTH

i had a 84 t-top monte and it twisted just a little
it happened when i tried my bros slicks they really hooked up and started to pull up the front and thats when the twisting happend the front wheels never left the ground but it still enough to twist.
i think my car never had over 300 HP.
so in my opinion 300 hp whith slicks and hooking reall good is bad for the t-top cars.
with no cage.

thank's my friend only wants 11's FOR NOW till the drug of the buick turbo kicks in.. Then he'll be out there with some glue.

I haven't had any trouble with mine with 60' times in the high 1.5x range. No rear seat braces yet either.

Jim

right around 600 to the wheels.. i have about 15 mid 10's pass and TONS of low low 11's pass.. all with 1.55 to 1.49 60'ft launchs... i still pull the T-tops out and soak the sun when cruzing around town..

BuickVsMustang025-1.jpg

1.45 60'ft launch..

Jason Cramer runs 9's with his....I believe high 1.3x 60 fts...I wouldn't worry about it...

My T-Top car has been beat on a zillion times. Mid 11's 1.60 60' but I was sure there were lots of much faster T-Top cars - that is why I just initially said to check out launch times

after reading this thread some thing else must have gone wrong with my car.
but what?
maybe a loose body bushing or something.
ill never know sold the car along time ago.