T Top weatherstrip/ frame install questions

gmmuscle

Got all my parts to put t top stuff back together and it's been a few months since I took it apart, can't remember some stuff.

Looks like there was a bunch of padded tape strips under the center bar and possibly the 2 hockey sticks. Was this factory installed?

Can't figure out how the new weatherstrip is assembled right at the front edge of t top. where the weather strip makes a 90 degree turn from the windshield towards the back of the car it wants to pop back out.

Any tips to improve wind noise/rattles/leakage will be appreciated

Carl

t-top wx strips

post some photos of your install for us to see.
Take your time. Don't glue anything permanent till you make sure it fits and seals. When I did mine I bought some wx strips thinking I did not have them. I bought my rubberf stuff years ago OEM thinking I would need to replace what I hads on the car eventually. Some got misplaced and thinkling I did not have them I bought new ones that came from GM but it turns the new ones were from after market makers and they did not fit right. Fortunately I found my earliers ones bought and they installed easily.
Talked with the best installer in my area. He quated me a pirice and it varied with how much time it would take. It seems sometimes these things take m ore times than others. He also would guarantee that they would not leak for 1 year. He says they usually leak again after that.
In order to keep them from not leaking I take the t-tops off to execise the rubber. I believe the rubber gets a memory if left on too long. The glass is heavy and the sun do0es not help. I lubricate the rubber as well, at the same time.
Also, remove the metal flat plates exposing the body. Rust can start under those plates.
AS to your question, there are som e rubbber strips and they have tape to stick them on. Those are are a part on the original system, if I read you correctly.
Good luck. That $12 book put out by Kurban might be a good investment