T-Top rattle

ibroussard

The lever/handle on my passenger side T-Top is loose and has an annoying rattle. There is a full 1/2 inches of play in it when it is locked in place. The entire splined shaft the lever attaches to is loose in the plate that it attaches to. I don't see any way of tightening it, and there are no loose screws that I can see. It's an 87 GN.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ira

If you find something out please tell. I have the same problem, but I haven't tried anything yet. Thats my last project after finishing my interior. If I find something I'll let you know.

Remove the plastic panel that is around the lever, etc after taking the lever off first and you'll see several adjustments that can be made to tighten the tops (up/down play) as well as adjustments that can be done at the front to back post positions. Pretty easy to adjust those and get out the play and rattles there. Hope this helps some. Post back or PM if you need any more help here. I'm also assuming that your weatherstripping is in good shape? :confused:

I cut a piece of rubber to slide over the splined shaft, then put the lever back on. Takes up slack.