t top plate

Hiwinds

How do you get the plate between and under the t tops out? it has rust on it and I want to fix it. I took the three screws out and it still won't come out.

Pry & scrape gently, use something thin like putty knife to get as close and clean of a separation as possible. Don't focus efforts on one area, as it starts to come loose, move up/down to break it loose consistently because it's likely brittle and could crack/bend/break. Do you plan to replace the t-top bar, or have that one fixed? I bought a powdercoated replacement one, but can't remember the vendor for the life of me. My original one just wasn't going back on without being totally refinished, and I can't say for sure that the metal had enough left in it to handle that.

I'm not sure how much experience you have with this type of work, I didn't really know what I was getting in to when I did mine 4-5 years ago. I made sure to clean the old sealant and excess "stuff" off before putting the new bar and weatherstripping back in to try to get the best seal. They didn't leak after the repair/reseal, but they began leaking recently. So I have a guy taking a look at it next week. Just talked to him today, he told me the weatherstripping is very delicate and tears easily, and the aftermarket reproduction weatherstrips don't seal as nicely. So just a forewarning. He was telling me there's some re-sealants to stay away from for these particular jobs, but he didn't get in to details as to which ones.

That's awesome that G-body parts makes that. My T-top plate is getting pretty scaly. I cleaned it up and painted it, but it's not too good. My car is parked inside all the time, so I haven't been too worried about leaking tops.