T top - center rail under the weatherstrips

231power

Anyone seem a source for the center steel under the weatherstrips on a t top car?

gbodyparts.com has pics of them under Buick \ appearance \ T-Top Components

The 2 parts are called Stainless Center Rail and Stainless Center Ridge

Theirs are nice, but too pricey!

Thanks for any info.

Anyone seem a source for the center steel under the weatherstrips on a t top car?

gbodyparts.com has pics of them under Buick \ appearance \ T-Top Components

The 2 parts are called Stainless Center Rail and Stainless Center Ridge

Theirs are nice, but too pricey!

Thanks for any info.
Call Brian back and ask him if he has any used ones in real good condition. Thats who i got mine from... Scot w.

Brian is someone at gbodyparts ?
I haven't talked to them yet, I just looked at their website.

Thanks for the tip!

Going with the stainless set they sell is the way to go to last forever that's for sure... You can also search eBay for G body T top car parts. I found the complete rail set on eBay in mint condition off a wrecked olds. Cost me $80 bucks shipped for all the pieces :D

T top fun

Wow....gbodyparts.com sold me a pretty crappy center ridge and rail for my 250 bucks...some of the weatherstripping was still attached and there was a dime sized hole under it on one side - rusty in general on the ends but still pretty solid.
I know these parts are very hard to find in good shape when they're used but still, I paid a lot for what I got in the end. It's hard to believe what just water over the years did to the center rail on my car. I got the part on Friday and my body guy was scheduled to go, so I went with what I had.

Weatherstripping is all replaced as well. I've got less wind noise at high speed now, so that's nice, but the vertical back part of each window isn't touching the seals now. Maybe it will settle in with time or I'll have to search for a good window adjuster. It seems the seals attached to the T tops were 1/8 or 1/4" shorter than they should be - it's snug on one end and gapped at the other on both sides.

So how would I get ahold of 'Cottons'?
I was watching ebay for months, but couldn't find much for a center ridge / rail.
Thanks for the info guys.

I'm doing mine now also, but mine fit almost perfect, didn't even use any glue they were so snug.

weatherstrip maker

Anyone heard of Pro-Form weatherstrip maker? I think it was a GM product.
It's something that you can actually fill in a hole or space in your seals with and it will stay soft when it dries. Almost like forming your own seal.
My seals that stay on the t tops aren't meeting the seals on the cars very well. Thanks for any info!!

Deane

I think its almost the same material they use to glue the seals to the body of the car... but im not sure, it looks similar.

My seals were so old they were falling apart!