T+ spark tuning?

99Formula

I have a extender chip set up for 91 octane. I just sold my Translator and have a T+ on the way. When stepping up to 100 octane in the tank, how many degrees of advance should I dial in base and WOT? How about when using C16?

Any direction is appreciated.

Peter

For 91 octane, I believe your chip is set to 17/15 low gear/high gear timing. Well for 100 octane I would advance the base timing 8 degrees for starters and not change the WOT timing. That would put you at 25/23. If all is OK at that point, maybe fiddle with WOT with another 2 degrees advance. All depends on the boost you're running. If you're running high boost (say 24lbs or more) you may want to advance the timing a little bit less and if running low boost, advance the timing a little more.

For C16, I'd advance the base timing 12 degrees (or is 10 the most you can do?) and go from there. Again, if you're not knocking with the boost you're running, maybe advance WOT another 2 degrees.

Good luck and remember that all cars are different and you may find that your car likes more of less timing then the next guy. Just use what I wrote above as guidance and ballpark figures.

I have some higher octane settings for a stock turbo car that I just posted in this thread:
Trans + 100 octane settings -- stock turbo

As a general rule, I set the base static fp low with the adj fp reg for under 3000 rpm range (ie-42 lb fp), along with additional timing. Then with the Trans + for over 3000 WOT adjustments, I add fuel and reduce timing. HTH

Tim and Stickybones,
Thanks for the info, that helps a lot. I think I'll use some of your numbers as a baseline and go from there. I'd like to tune as quickly and cheaply as possible since 100 octane is $4 a gallon here. :)

Peter

Originally posted by 99Formula
Tim and Stickybones,
Thanks for the info, that helps a lot. I think I'll use some of your numbers as a baseline and go from there. I'd like to tune as quickly and cheaply as possible since 100 octane is $4 a gallon here. :)
Peter
$$$ Sounds expensive. I'm lucky since 100 octane is $2.50/gal here and VP or Torco 110 is $3.50/gal :cool: