T-70 Ptrim!!

60-1 GN

Hey Guys,

Just bought brand new T70 PTrim going to put on my 79 Regal T-Type.
wanted to know How much boost I should run?? I am going to convert the carb setup to fuel injection and right now with a holley 650CfM carb and
ported & Polished head's and 3 angle valve job. I ran about 18PSI . I going to put the turbo on soon I really like to know I will be dynoing to car on mustang RWD Dyno. I'm also putting NOS on top
to help with more horse's. Here are all my mods thanks for all the help.

MODS:
Stock Block
Head's Ported & polished 3 angle valve job
ARP head bolt's
Super T-70 PTrim
TH350 Trans with Full Manual Valve Body
Red Neck Performance 10" High Stall converter 2800 Above stock
Stock 10bolt with Auburn Posi and Motive 3.73 gears
SPR Manual Boost controller
RVM SSQV BOV
Garrett custom Intercooler 3" end tanks
full 3" intercoller piping
NOS wet shot 125HP Fogger
Accel wires & high performance Coil

I would like to run 35PSi without the block failing on the dyno or the track.

are you refering to a master power T70?

If so keep in mind they are not 70 mm turbos. The "70" in super T70 = the Compressor side A/R ratio. 0.70 (sales gimmick)

It is closer to like a T61 I believe and I think 35 psi will be out of its efficiency range by a good margin.

And just as a side note I have heard some ****ty things about the Master power turbos...so just a heads up.

I do not know how much HP you are planning to make... but it looks to me like you are going to destroy that block in very short order. 35 psi plus NOS on a hotair block = BOOM

60-1 GN said:
Hey Guys,

Just bought brand new T70 PTrim going to put on my 79 Regal T-Type.
wanted to know How much boost I should run?? I am going to convert the carb setup to fuel injection and right now with a holley 650CfM carb and
ported & Polished head's and 3 angle valve job. I ran about 18PSI . I going to put the turbo on soon I really like to know I will be dynoing to car on mustang RWD Dyno. I'm also putting NOS on top
to help with more horse's. Here are all my mods thanks for all the help.

MODS:
Stock Block
Head's Ported & polished 3 angle valve job
ARP head bolt's
Super T-70 PTrim
TH350 Trans with Full Manual Valve Body
Red Neck Performance 10" High Stall converter 2800 Above stock
Stock 10bolt with Auburn Posi and Motive 3.73 gears
SPR Manual Boost controller
RVM SSQV BOV
Garrett custom Intercooler 3" end tanks
full 3" intercoller piping
NOS wet shot 125HP Fogger
Accel wires & high performance Coil

I would like to run 35PSi without the block failing on the dyno or the track.
You will need something more than a stock block then. Your rearend will probaby explode also. What about the internals of your transmission. Are the roller cllutches replaced with sprags? If not it will break under the conditions you want

XS-power

I think the trans and rear end can handle the power it is just the motor is
very old looks good but I know it needs Forged piston's and ARP Rod Bolt's
But have no $$ right now I have $$ for dyno and Track time but not for the motor. And the turbo in the pic is the turbo I am going with it, it is a 61mm
inducer but is capable of 650HP and flows 65lb's min. :eek: :eek:
Almost same spec's of Garrett T61. I guy that is selling the turbo's tell's
me it can go to 35+PSI if I can!!! But I need to know if the motor will handle
the high boost and NOS????

Thanks Guy's,
MIKE

explosion???

Explosion???

I don't think it will blow up I will work up to the highest boost level.
and then add the shot of NOS on top of that!!!

LOL. This is a little funny. A real 70mm turbo and nitrous on stock parts......oh my god! AND you have no $$! You are my hero.

(edit, ok at least you have a smaller turbo. I see now. Maybe it will work just for a gentle dyno run??)

Funny!!!

Hey,

I wanted some input on the idea's you guy's had I know I have no $$ right
now But I will just dyno it and see what it get if it blow's it blow's!!! :tongue: :tongue:

I love thinking outside of the box, that is were all the advancements come from. In this case it is probably good the "box" will be empty so you can put all the broken parts in it after a run :p . Seriously though good luck sounds like fun.

Grandnat said:
are you refering to a master power T70?
I do not know how much HP you are planning to make... but it looks to me like you are going to destroy that block in very short order. 35 psi plus NOS on a hotair block = BOOM

Hotair blocks are no weaker than 109 blocks.

cool 84 said:
Hotair blocks are no weaker than 109 blocks.
This is correct. They are equally weak and wont tolerate detonation at high hp levels. Especially with the stock main caps in them. Those caps will be walking all over the place and finally break. Good ****ing luck bro.

t-70 turbo

At 30+lbs of boost with turbonectics turbo my stock crank broke in two places and cracked the #2 main journal.not only did i need a crank but a complete motor.Been there,done that.I would make sure that thing is running rich with big injectors and alcohol kit.start low on boost and work your way up on dyno.play it smart and your motor will not become scrap metal.you shoul be running somewhere between 17 to 25 psi.GOOD LUCK

WOW! :eek: I run 22 lbs. on my PT-68 with aluminum heads, all kinds of other upgrades, C-17 fuel, built tranny. Wow, 30lbs. of boost on a PT70 on a stock motor? Well I must admit...you got balls!

This is Sully's Motor here on the board.
dotc13.jpg