Symptoms of map problems

turbopat

Being a bit new here... can somebody explain to me if this could be the cause of my problems?

I have a razors alky kit that I have wired per instructions.. I tested it with the test button and it works (it bogs the engine down if I hold it). The car starts and runs great but when driving it I cannot get it to build anything but vacuum. If I try it pops (not backfiring but just like hiccups?) and it stumbles hard while never building boost. Also I have never seen the green alky light come on...

Fast forward to today... I was on the phone with Cal Hartline doing my initial set up on XFI (thinking the stock MAF was to blame) and he was running through the fuel tables... there we found that there is no reading from the 3-bar MAP?

Could this have been the culprit all along? Also does anyone have pictures of the under dash wiring so I can verify?
a845654558dd880238a6bee85b012b4d.jpg
picture for attention lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if your alky was wired per instructions ..i assume you have instructions , and have to ask ..did you read them ? and if you did when you read the section that says to check the map output green wire at PAC controller for 1.6v key on engine off ..did you do that ?

Actually they were written instructions.... I can read, yes.... I can pick up on the sarcasm thanks. The last part of your question was not in my written/verbal instructions from the individual I got them from. Thanks for that info.

its not sarcasm its simple lets get to the facts , so you dont have the alkycontrol instructions ..if you dont have 1.6v you need to find out why

the xfi should also show 100kpa key on engine off before starting

I will check that first thing tomorrow. I hope this is an easy fix

did you use the alkycontroll tps harness for the map sensor? or is it off the casper adapter leads

It has the alky control gray/ black wire harness that goes back to the 3 bar

check the voltage at green wire .. if you're using the alkycontroll harness and voltage isnt 1.6v key on engine off then its safe to assume map sensor is bad , when running it should drop voltage which varies with engine vacuum

Ok perfect! I do have another spare 3-bar if that’s the culprit

I believe bision made a video showing the stock style map sensor leaking like crazy . After I saw that I spend the extra cash and went with a 3.5bar map sensor . The map sensor is a key sensor that fueling is based off of so it pays to have a good non leaking sensor. Btw I’m referring to a speed density control setup using the map as a key senor not a stock MAF style .

Actually they were written instructions.... I can read, yes.... I can pick up on the sarcasm thanks.

In case you're wondering, that's where I stopped reading. I would guess I'm not the only one.

ALSO:that short ass oil filter will cost you flow across the board and you'll notice ESP at idle.

Actually they were written instructions.... I can read, yes.... I can pick up on the sarcasm thanks.

In case you're wondering, that's where I stopped reading. I would guess I'm not the only one.

ALSO:that short ass oil filter will cost you flow across the board and you'll notice ESP at idle.

Thanks for the reply at least... as far as the oil filter, I appreciate the advice. I will change it out.

There are a couple different ways it can be done but I would start with this.

To see other configurations, google external wastegate plumbing. Then click images.

1530286614378.png

Where are you located? You should get with someone who knows what they are doing or it will be a long learning process trying to iron out all the issues.

Rick

So... I went through everything as per Julio instructions. The map has 1.6... xfi still reads nothing?
22d012b25e757be18d5cd4c75296f82a.jpg
ddae51378d9db4b919a9b973a5293f7d.jpg
6b27b4def41cf812b16955d14bcb0e1c.jpg
last picture is with WOT

questions again how is the xfi connected, is it connected to the green wire off the alky 3 bar map ?