SVT goes down

G McCall

Christmas came early for me this morning

While driving down the road this morning and minding my own business, I notice a black "FERD" SVT stopped at a red-light in the left turn lane coming my way.. Well uhm......just maybe.....So I slow down ...down until I am doing about 5mph under the speed limit. Watching in my rear view mirror, I see the guy coming on strong. I was way ahead of him and he caught up with me quick. I think to myself, he must be "playing" with his truck, which tells me .......he is a racer. BTW We are on a 3 lane each way divided street. Not a good street to race on (law is always around) so I let him go by me and notice he has Temporary dealer tags on it. I have the radar detector on and no bleeps .... SO

I stay close enough to him through a little traffic hoping to catch a light. He is only doing about 5 over the speed limit.

I know exactly where we are and can only dream of this light ahead turning red. He is starting to speed up and I was not going to run 20 mph over the speed limit to catch up with "Speedracer". Then the light turned RED! Yep RED unbelievable . The car that changed the light was even going the other way.
I'm thinking this guy may have just bought the truck (I know their a few years old) and is out playing. The truck did look good for a Ferd.

I'm ready, light turns green and I come out cautiously but ready to nail it.
Damit, he was fiddling with something and doesn't take the bait at first....

Then he noticed me and nailed it...his front end comes up and ITS ON

At this moment I am about a length in front of him and the best I could tell I nailed it nearly the same time as he did (from 20 mph) and I pulled away about 1- 1/2 lengths more and still pulling away when we let off (probably 85 +- mph.
After that, The guy would not look my way. He turned off and That was That.........................maybe he took it back to the dealer.....

Now that may not be much of a kill for some of you guys......But the SVT Ford truck probably won't sleep well because I was in my

02 Chevy 3/4 ton (6500 lbs) 4x4 Truck tow vehicle :tongue:

(Still picking on Fords)