Suspension Mods...Where to start?

Orion231

Ok guys, I am done with the drivetrain, and I want to know...I have a BONE stock suspension...what do I do? I called John pearcy, and he recommended lower and upper control arms, and a pinoin snubber to start. I have custom rear seat braces and front braces... Do air bags work? And how much will the control arms help? Thanks!

Airbag is a good idea for the track, A big sway bar helps reduce wheel hop and equalize traction and boxed LCA's will help keep the big swaybar from destroying the stock LCA's.

UCA's aren't really required at this performance level. I have a pinion snubber on my car and "think" it works, but I've never tested the car without it so I can't say for sure.

All Body mounts, all control arm bushings but especially the lower front and rear, boxed lower rear control arms, and front sway bar frame mount bushings.

Good start...

I have Monroe ga sMatic shocks...and the front end steering and all the bushings up frotn have been replaced...I dunno abotu body bushings...are they hard to replace? What other benifits will air bags give me? Can I adjust how my car handles with them? Also...my coils are original.

Airbag is used to preload the right side tire (the tire that lifts under accelleration) to reduce wheelspin.

The missing lower body bushings are easy to install. Just remove the bolts and replace the washer with a rubber bushing, then bolt back up. Repeat 5 more times. You will notice the difference on yout first drive.

Replacing the upper bushings and adding a #5 (GNX) bushing takes a lot more time and work.