suspension advice needed

turbocody

GOT BOOST!
i am having a hard time getting my car to hook at the track, i have had some 1.55's and such but last outing a had a best of 1.59-1.60 launching easy and when i try to launch harder it went 1.63's. i know it's spinning because the car lights them up then go's. i have verified on directscan and camcorder video. here are my mods:

hoosier 28-9 slicks (fresh)
HR lower arms
HR double adjustable upper arms
HR anti-roll bar
stock replacement springs
dual airbags
lowered rear control arms
comp enginnering 3-way adjustable shocks 90/10 front...70/30 rear

pinion angle at -4
air bags at 3psi
slicks at 12-13psi

launches at 10-20psi

any adviced appreciated

turbosmart dual stage boost controller on order.

Traction

I wish I could help you out but if you noticed my post I am in the same boat as you. It sounds like our cars run almost identically. I had a chassis guy tell me I need a good anti-roll bar but since you have the hr bar I dont think thats going to help me. I run ET streets (not radials) which are supposed to be just like a slick (wrinkle wall and m5 compound) I am thinking maybe a softer compound slick would help but I run gta wheels & there is no option I can find for that. I know there are guys out there that don't spin, maybe one will chime in.

Good luck

John Plog

well, i have good news, i raised my slicks to 14psi and both airbags to 8psi and there is no more bouncing, launched easy last night and pulled a 1.51 with boths wheels about 8in off the ground and carried them about 20 ft or so! so i am getting there. johnplogii...let me know if i can help ya, cause i know how it feels to not hook up your car at the track.

Traction

Turbocody,

How do you launch? Transbrake or footbrake? I have found that at 10psi off the transbrake mine feels like a turd & gets 1.70's. It seems like either I spin off the line or go about ten feet then spin. It sounds like the only difference between our cars is the swaybars & I only run one airbag. I also run 90/10's up front but they are pretty old and I am thinking they need replaced. Do you happen to know the weight of your car and the front/rear ratio? Mine is 2000 front 1460 rear with me & 3/4 tank of fuel. Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you

John Plog

10-15psi boost off transbrake, i don't know the ratio of weight but mine weighs about 3500 without me. try going up in your tire pressure.