Surflow pump leaking?

rpk250

I just developed a leak at the top of the surflow pump where the two electrical connections are. When I took the cover off, which is held on with three bolts, there was a spring underneath it. I've had the pump for two years with no problem. Anyone else seen this? I assume there is no way to properly fix this, so I'm sure I'll have to order a new one. Is there another type of pump that would be more reliable?

You can order a repair kit through a Shurflo distributor. Call Shurflo's 800 no. to get the nearest distributor (and the repair kit part no.).
Your problem is a little white lip-type seal in a bore under the switch housing. Also, check the switch to make sure it still works since it was exposed to alcohol (which is corrosive if it was Methanol). You could also order a switch if necessary. Typically, parts for these pumps are relatively inexpensive.

Correct a seal is available.

See what happens is becuase a smaller orfice is placed on the outlet of the pump, the pump switches on/off/on/off on a DIY style setup. Everytime the pump switches on/off/on/off etc.. the disc flexes up..down..up..down.. etc.. this flexing up and down is what cuased it to tear over time.

2 years of use and your complaining? That pump paid for itself after a month of use vs the cost of race gas/xylene.

What is correct a seal, and where can i get it? Short or long term cure? Can't live without the alcohol! Don't think I remember how to turn the boost down.

I just noticed a leak on my Shurflo pump also. If I just put in the new seal, would I have to replace anything else if the switch is not damanged?

Julio, I will send you a email with my address for that seal.