Supra with 427 LSX with twin 88's!

Steve

Here are a few in progress pics of Adam Gier's Supra being built for True 10.5/Limited Street. The car is being built by TYDO Racecars (www.tydoracecars.com). It has a Nelson LSX 427 with twin 88's. The car went 9's with the 2JZ but wasn't able to keep up in the heads up races so Adam decided to get serious. The car just became a roller in the last few days and should be ready for the Street Machine Nationals Shootout next month(its the biggest shootout at our local track).

Steve

Attachments

• adam7.jpg
    adam7.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,025
  • adam1.jpg
    adam1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 980
  • adam2.jpg
    adam2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 974
  • adam5.jpg
    adam5.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 973
  • adam3.jpg
    adam3.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 984
Car looks sick with the new powerplant, should easily be a 7 sec ride!

Now, why would you choose a Supra???

Wouldn't that kindof defeat the purpose with a IRS???

Just curious?? Like the setup though.
Why not just stick with american muscle???

dee

Simple. For the same reason you are asking. Because no one else has one. It's different. Not to mention a wicked sleeper.

Simple. For the same reason you are asking. Because no one else has one. It's different. Not to mention a wicked sleeper.

I agree with having one. I almost bought my gf one back in 99. Glad i didnt. I would have to fight to get the car back from her. It sure as hell is no sleeper though. 2 big turbos sucking up all our air and you call it a sleeper? lol. Sleeper my ass!

dee

Car doesnt have IRS anymore, has FAB9 and ladder bars. The car was 2jz powered last year when it broke the diff and went solid axle. I get to see this thing everyday as thats where i work:D

I agree with having one. I almost bought my gf one back in 99. Glad i didnt. I would have to fight to get the car back from her. It sure as hell is no sleeper though. 2 big turbos sucking up all our air and you call it a sleeper? lol. Sleeper my ass!

Balls deep! Hey call me. I have a quick question for ya.

dee

It is like most race cars--it wasn't planned that way it just sort of happened!:D It started as a nice 10 second street car. Then a more serious 9 second car. Then came the bug to go drag radial racing. Then the built 2JZ died a painful violent death at around 1300hp and then the decision was made to go with a LSX platform. The car no longer has an IRS. It broke the factory IRS in the quest to get into the 9's. Then the high dollar Toyota TRD diff let go in the burn out box and let the driveshaft slap the floor pan and set off both the air bags as seen the pic below. After that event the car was converted over to a 40 Spline Fad 9 and ladder bar set up. I think the car will be very unique. Its very much different than the normal body styles used in heads up shoot out style racing. In the pics above the car still has the DR's on it but Adam has some Magnums with bead locks to go it and I think it will look even crazier then!

Attachments

• adamab.jpg
    adamab.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 688
Popped the airbags!! That's the first time i've seen that happen. Had to scare the crap out of the driver.

two thing inpress me about the fab work. first the throtle body is bolted on the intercooler and the up pipe cant be blown off. And the bracket off the intercooler for the turbo's. Gotta love when one piece serves as multiple purposes.