Super charger whine

psycho6cyl

Ponies Are For Lil Girls
i was wondering if theres a way to hear my sc whine more? totally stock 98 park ave. this is a daily driver w 250000 miles ao anything next to cheap is best thx

ok as far as i know its all stock. somewhere i read to change maf pipe . iwas thinking to see if my extra gn one might work doubt it. lol

yeah,the factory stuff is pretty tight,maybe an open to the air k&n style,might give you a bit more noise.

problem is i remember will amiths movie where hes racing tbrough zombie like nyc in the gt500 w the sick whine. i know itll never b like that but.. lol

dam you. thats what od love to hear but know its not possible. lol very cool.. after i blow my motor bc of ure vid can i send repair bill to u? jkjk lol

2 feet of intake tubing from zzp at about $12 a foot or 4" thinwall pvc from home depot and a cone filter in the fenderwell attached to it - the sound will resonate in the fenderwell , you can get fancier and use a roof flashing again from home depot to seal the tubing/filter off from the heat of the engine bay , plastic flashing with rubber insert cut to fit ( the type that pipes go through on your roof) and wrap the tubing/piping with heat reflecting material to aain isolate the intake tubing from heat.

like this:

I run and old school MSP cold air kit on my GS. Whine's pretty loud. If you want to really hear it. Put a cone style filter right on the throttle body.

I went with a ZZP Wizaired kit and its loud enuff to drown out just about anything next to me!
I'm at 2:06 taking on and scaring the SS camaro !

Most of the whine generated by a big roots blower is the air getting trapped under the teeth of the belt. We used to drill small holes in the pulley to lower the whine. The rotors do not make as much noise as some would think. Now...if you have teflon lined rotors they are a bit louder as they are fit pretty tight in the case, but basic alum rotors in any old 6-71...have clearance built in. Just like the "whine" from a gear drive...its from the air trapped in the teeth.

Most of the whine generated by a big roots blower is the air getting trapped under the teeth of the belt. We used to drill small holes in the pulley to lower the whine. The rotors do not make as much noise as some would think. Now...if you have teflon lined rotors they are a bit louder as they are fit pretty tight in the case, but basic alum rotors in any old 6-71...have clearance built in. Just like the "whine" from a gear drive...its from the air trapped in the teeth.

Thanks. I never knew that very useful piece of info.

if stock, just open cone it and be done, and there is your whine sound. Not the best but sounds like your not
to concerned about making any power.

When I did it back in 2000 , at first I didn't like it but I came to like it pretty quickly.

Even with stock pulley it was noticable.

Yep, just a open element air filter will do it. I have an old zzp wizaired around I'd sell super cheap.