sunday special

The only thing that will break is your heart after eating my alky fumes! How much you gonna let the SS go for?

Well...I bought the Camaro for $7K...then I dumped about $23K of parts into it....did all the work myself.
There is only about 5000miles on the build....First offer of $25K or more takes it.

You'd take it off the line and for the first 330 feet...launching it off the clutch is the hard part...but...a nitrous fed bone stock ZZ502 backed by a TKO-600 and a Moser 3:73 posi under a 3400lb 68 Camaro will walk right past you at the 1/8th, Number 2.

...might not even need the nitrous to catch you...this thing pulls like a freakin' frieght train and has never lost a street fight...:biggrin:
It's making about 550HP and 575TQ at the flywheel on pump gas and nuts alone. Throw a 100-200 shot on it....you won't even want to come back to the pits after its over...

One of the funnest kills I had was against a Saleen E Mustang that the driver said was putting 580HP to the wheels (Stangs are the almighty dyno queens)...first I killed him from a dig...he wanted another shot from a 50mph roll which was "his territory"
I should have started in 2nd...but knowing how badly I beat him from a dig, I chose to keep it in 3rd and just nailed it on honk #3

He initially got up on me by a door....then I just went around him like nothing and kept going.....going.....going...I really rubbed it in...didn't let off until I had several lengths on him and he clearly surrendered.....was doing 145 on my speedo by then.
Poor guy didn't know what to say after words...

Here's the motor and front suspension...

Attachments

• Zz502.JPG
    Zz502.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 163
  • ZZ502 Headers4.JPG
    ZZ502 Headers4.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 160
  • P5080133.JPG
    P5080133.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 162
Selling the 68

Did I miss something? Why are u selling the 68? What r u getting to replace it? Man its too early, not ready to buy it...Lol

Did I miss something? Why are u selling the 68? What r u getting to replace it? Man its too early, not ready to buy it...Lol

I've found that having 2 toys is one too many...:rolleyes:

I've been in a first gen camaro ever since I was 16...this 68 is the 4th one I've built. Its a nice car, and I really like it, but I guess I'm moving on.

My GN is the replacement.
It's more practical.
It doesn't hit the corners as well as the Camaro....and there is nothing quite like the sound of that big block at full tilt... but the GN is an equally effective street sweeper, and just might be able to keep up with the Camaro in a quarter mile at this point...
I'm really enjoying learning all the new stuff on the Turbo Buick. I'm also pretty addicted to the turbo power and tune-ability at this point.:biggrin:

I've found that having 2 toys is one too many...:rolleyes:

I've been in a first gen camaro ever since I was 16...this 68 is the 4th one I've built. Its a nice car, and I really like it, but I guess I'm moving on.

My GN is the replacement.
It's more practical.
It doesn't hit the corners as well as the Camaro....and there is nothing quite like the sound of that big block at full tilt... but the GN is an equally effective street sweeper, and just might be able to keep up with the Camaro in a quarter mile at this point...
I'm really enjoying learning all the new stuff on the Turbo Buick. I'm also pretty addicted to the turbo power and tune-ability at this point.:biggrin:

Funny, I've been around camaros all my life, came close to owning a brand new 2002 Blk Z28, but backed out because I didn't want to deal with the insurance. Now I'm older as much as I want the 2011 camaro just not ready for a payment. So, the Buick GN/TR was always in the back of mind. Now I can finally start from scratch and get one. This forum makes it some much easier to find one and maintain it.

Funny, I've been around camaros all my life, came close to owning a brand new 2002 Blk Z28, but backed out because I didn't want to deal with the insurance. Now I'm older as much as I want the 2011 camaro just not ready for a payment. So, the Buick GN/TR was always in the back of mind. Now I can finally start from scratch and get one. This forum makes it some much easier to find one and maintain it.

Yup...great forum and great local support.

Lou Czarnota is cleaning up a pretty nice white T-Type right now in his shop and getting it ready for sale....give him a call...

There's the rear end going in....

Attachments

• Moser install05.JPG
    Moser install05.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Moser Install13.JPG
    Moser Install13.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 91