Summit Racing Adj. Race shocks???

bluehair

found out my car has these on the front, 3 way summit adjustable race shocks. does anyone know how to adjust these? the paper work i found on them was really blah on how to, and how do you know what setting there on to begin with? thanks in advance...:confused:

If..

found out my car has these on the front, 3 way summit adjustable race shocks. does anyone know how to adjust these? the paper work i found on them was really blah on how to, and how do you know what setting there on to begin with? thanks in advance...:confused:

they don't have a knob on them, you likely have to remove them, push them closed, and then twist the shaft, to clik to the various settings.
Summit has likely had a shock mfgr private brand thier shocks w/ the Summit name on them. That way they can use thier own pricing and not get the mfgr aggravated...
Here's 1 of the more popular ones...
http://www.streetperformance.com/part/competition-engineering/shock-absorber/142928-2610.html

You mite call Summit and ask for instructions...

I tried a set of these last summer and was not impressed. I could only get one to adjust properly. I now use Lakewood non adjustable for the track, they simply work as expected. You get what you pay for.

they don't have a knob on them, you likely have to remove them, push them closed, and then twist the shaft, to clik to the various settings.
Summit has likely had a shock mfgr private brand thier shocks w/ the Summit name on them. That way they can use thier own pricing and not get the mfgr aggravated...
Here's 1 of the more popular ones...
Competition Engineering Adjustable Drag Shocks Shock - Strut - Monotube - Adjustable - Front - Buick - Chevy - Ford - Mercury - Oldsmobile - Pontiac - RWD 2610 Competition Engineering | StreetPerformance.com

You mite call Summit and ask for instructions...

I have a set like this branded as Herb Adams shock. I have to adjust them as written above.
I think mine are going dead. If I raise the car with a jack the front suspension stays in extension until I push the bumper back donw.:rolleyes:
Guess shocks need to be added to the list... :(

I have a set like this branded as Herb Adams shock. I have to adjust them as written above.
I think mine are going dead. If I raise the car with a jack the front suspension stays in extension until I push the bumper back donw.:rolleyes:
Guess shocks need to be added to the list... :(

They must of changed suppliers, mine were Doetsch techs.

thats what mine says is the doetsch tech's...white.
hmmm...they seem to work normal now but a little firm...i'll have to investigate this weekend...

wouldn't have been my choice of shock but there already on here and look new...so use what ya got in this economy!:tongue: