Summer nights cruise

whitehot84

Several of us Buick guys went to Somerset Kentucky over the last weekend to the Holley Power Cruise. (Not to be confused with the Hot Rod Power cruise) There were probably 12 to 15 hundred cars of all types there. After the show everyone cruises up and down Hwy 27. The sides of the highway are filled with people waiting for the inevitable.
Well I had just finished my car a couple days before and couldn't wait to drive it. (New stroker motor, aluminum heads, big inj, 70 turbo, XFI, etc.) Took it easy on the drive there and couldn't wait to have some fun.
As luck would have it I didn't have to wait too long. Driving back from supper I caught a light with a not so stock pickup truck. I didn't really pay much attention until he hammered it when the light changed. I let him get out about 3 car lengths and slowly laid into it. As I passed him the boost hit 15 lbs and the rear end tried to come around. I created quite a smoke show from the street tires I was wearing. I know, I know, get some drag radials. LOL
Shortly after that as I was pulling up in traffic a green 70's Cuda came along side and the guy was yelling " That thing is bad ass.
This was the car I thought was the nicest at the show. He had a viper motor painted the same color of the car. It was sweet and he was giving me props. This new ride is awsome. I got with a couple more cars but could only take it half throttle before it blew the tires off. Can't wait to get some meat on here.
I've had a GN since 1987 but this is a whole new experience. I love this thing. :biggrin:

Sounds like you had a good time. Kicking myself because I didn't make the trip over. I last went in October of '08. Had a blast, enjoyed the car show and the nights festivities ;) . Lots of unsuspecting prey to be had.

Sounds like you had a good time. Kicking myself because I didn't make the trip over. I last went in October of '08. Had a blast, enjoyed the car show and the nights festivities ;) . Lots of unsuspecting prey to be had.

Yes we had a ball. Noticed a lot of police but not one muscle car pulled over. This town loves us. They actually do this every month during the summer on the 4th weekend. Brings back memories of yesteryear. :cool:

You guys coming back down to Somerset this next Sat? (22 Aug)??

I took the gn out today for some pics but there's no action at all. Super boring. So I went home...:frown:

You guys coming back down to Somerset this next Sat? (22 Aug)??

I took the gn out today for some pics but there's no action at all. Super boring. So I went home...:frown:

I don't know but I'll ask around. There sure isn't any action around here on the weekends. Plenty of cruises but no action.
The police actually ran off several hundred hot rods after the Hot Rod Nationals last weekend. We were just siting in a shopping center parking lot shooting the breeze when about 11:30 gang busters showed up and ran everybody off. Meanwhile in another part of town there were shootings, holdups, and no telling how many domestic problems. But you got to give it to them, they shut down those damn hot rods. Our tax dollars at work.

Never any action down here. Last time I hit the Somerset cruise I went after a new v8 Camaro and he didn't want to play. In fact, he stayed a few lengths back even though there was no traffic in front of him...:mad:

Not even many good cruises. Just the same boring crap...

Police aren't too bad around here. Heck, even some of the Judges have hot rods...:cool:

I'll definitely be out there if it's not raining...If you guys can make it down it would be cool to meet other TR guys since I'm out here all alone... :frown:

I just heard from Thumper (he's up in your neck of the woods) that there is something going down on the 22nd- this Saturday. I'm not sure what exactly... He's bringing out his low mile Concours winner... Do you guys have any idea what's happening and where?