Summer Nationals - Worcester, Mass

1987 GN

Anyone planning on going to the Summer Nationals in Worcester, Mass? It is July 3-July 7 this year and I was wondering if there would be any turbobuick representation there? Anyone know if they are going yet? I think the website is summernationals.com if you are interested. I usually go with a few f-body friends and would be interested in meeting up with some folks on the board if they go. Each year people come from Canada, Florida, Oregon etc to go to this show. I think they have like 4000-5000 cars show up so it is pretty big.

I live about 12 miles South of Green Hill park and usually attend for at least one day but haven't brought my TTYPE. It is quite an event, as long as it's not in the 90's and humid. The burnouts downtown are quite a show as well. Sometimes there are even some good things to buy there (but not Buick specific). I think they had a portable dyno there last year or the year before. Might be a good time to show most of the V8 attendees what a "6" can lay down for numbers...

Bob

They had the dyno two years ago. I ran the GN through with a chip/thermostat/and K&N. I did 289 hp and 345 ft-lb at the rear wheels. While these are not too impressive on this board I managed to beat a 350 Formula Firebird, 68 Camaro w/350, 92 LX 5.0, and a few others that went around the same time as me. I opened the dump before getting on the dyno and it really drew people over when they heard that loud annoying whistle!:D
Sadly they did not have the dyno last year. Hopefully they bring it back. The burnouts there are great! Hope to see you there.

I also live in the area. I can attest to the size and goings on of the show. It has been going on since 1991 I believe and it gets bigger every year. If anyone is within driving distance or wouldn't mind taking a trip to see a huge show we would love to have some Buicks or TTA's show up this year. If anyone would like to make an overnight trip I would be happy to help with hotels suggestions in the area, directions, good places to eat, etc... Well worth it. They usually do fireworks. They have burnout shows every day at the show and everynight in Downtown Worcester and anyone can particpate. It's a lot of fun.

I also live in the Worcester area and this show is the best thing to happen to this city. What other car show event can you go to that lasts a few days (this year being 5 days), takes up a whole park(which is huge and scenic) as well as some of downtown, has controlled burnout contests for anyone who wants to register their car for this event at the park and at downtown, a pretty big swap meet (parts, cars, etc), can run open headers thru the city area during this event, fireworks display, beauty contests(they are awesome) amonst alot of other things. This gets bigger every year and you can pretty much see just about anything here. It Moscoffians Performance that hosts this. I believe it "summernationals.com" that has all the info. Hopefully some of you will make it. Take care, STEVE Z:)

Nice time

I will go without my new baby as I prefer to spectate rather than participate.
I went on a Saturday & it was great. In the moring I was down town & in the afternoon at the park..
With all the cars running around it looked like the 60's again.
Hey If you are going to be in the show I will look for you.:)