Suggestions of things to add to site

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there any way to get rid of the shoutbox so that it doesn't pop back up every time i log in?

I got it to stay closed for the most part, but when I first log in or whenever I click on forums, it opens up and the page can't be used until the shoutbox loads. Once the Shoutbox loads, it 'closes' and then site can be used. It seems the Shoutbox must load first then you can use the site, of course, that is only my expierence so far, perhaps it is different on other computers. The Shoutbox seems to be CPU intensive and slows down the site(my expierence).

I can't imagine any real need for a Shoutbox but I've noticed that a number of people requested it because they are fun. Ok, I'll roll with it.............

I got it to stay closed for the most part, but when I first log in or whenever I click on forums, it opens up and the page can't be used until the shoutbox loads. Once the Shoutbox loads, it 'closes' and then site can be used. It seems the Shoutbox must load first then you can use the site, of course, that is only my expierence so far, perhaps it is different on other computers. The Shoutbox seems to be CPU intensive and slows down the site(my expierence).

I can't imagine any real need for a Shoutbox but I've noticed that a number of people requested it because they are fun. Ok, I'll roll with it.............

pretty much exactly my experience with it.. bandwidth/processor hog until it loads, then it disappears. a "hell no, i don't need the shoutbox to load" option in the user CP would be nice, but it's probably not that easy..

and there's a "like" button" now?
really?

As far as looking for something new as opposed to the Itrader ratings I'm all for whatever works best but when you do change to a new ratings system is it possible to have our Itrader ratings transferred over so that the people who stand behind what they sell and have earned that rating don't have to start over with a "0" for ratings on the new system.

As far as looking for something new as opposed to the Itrader ratings I'm all for whatever works best but when you do change to a new ratings system is it possible to have our Itrader ratings transferred over so that the people who stand behind what they sell and have earned that rating don't have to start over with a "0" for ratings on the new system.

Another very good idea...............

Trader ratings are dead. Theyre not coming back and the alternative I was looking at wont be used here. Sorry.. maybe we can figure something else out down the road.

Jay C's Garage

Has there ever been any interest in everyone being able to have there own "garage" as another web site calls it. Where you can post pics of your cars, toys, guns etc,etc. Or did we always have that and I didn't know it?:redface:

Has there ever been any interest in everyone being able to have there own "garage" as another web site calls it. Where you can post pics of your cars, toys, guns etc,etc. Or did we always have that and I didn't know it?:redface:

If it is not installed yet there will be a place to post all your pics and stuff, yeah
!!

I noticed the spell check does not work. And if you read anything I post you will notice it also...:biggrin:

Will our pics make the move?

Is it possible to have new website work with Tapatalk for iPhone? Thanks.

We're switching to a site specific version of Forum Runner. It will be available in the App Store soon.

ok. Used the new site a little and so I'll throw this stuff out there. I'm on my phone and didn't read all the posts here so I'm sorry if this is redundant.

1) I might be missing it but is there a way to get to the advanced search without doing a search? That would be nice.
2) I miss the way a post edit (my spelling sucks) used to auto open in a quick post format.
3) As far as forumrunner or tapatalk will webos be supported? Just currious.

Thanks allot for keeping the forum going!

Trader ratings are dead. Theyre not coming back and the alternative I was looking at wont be used here. Sorry.. maybe we can figure something else out down the road.

original.jpg

Trader ratings are dead and not coming back.

Understood so for the time being it’s “buy at your own risk” thing.

Hopefully something can be figured out, to helps us on buying things, since it will be harder to know who is legit and who is not?

Also will notifications be coming back, I’m still not getting any, from any of my subscribe to treads.

Thanks

This thread is for people to let me know things they'd like to see added back/to the site. If you come in here and p!ss me off, Ill ban you from the thread. You have been warned.

So, list what you'd like to see and it doesn't necessarily have to have been on the other forum. There are so many mods out for VB4 and a lot of the VB3 mods were never ported over.

So far I have added:

Better spam protection
Separate stickies
Thread level user banning

I dont know at what rate Ill get this stuff added but Id like to have a list to work through. Please dont mention the search. We're doing something different there to lighten the server load. Probably be live tomorrow or Tuesday.

Jay,

Is there, or is there ever going to be a TB.com store where you can buy the new TB t-shirts or TB stickers and what not without having to PM someone that you actually want to buy something or is that too much work for what little there is to sell.

At least I guess that's how people do it now if they want any TB stuff is to PM Shane?......I'm not even sure.:redface:

Jay,

Is there, or is there ever going to be a TB.com store where you can buy the new TB t-shirts or TB stickers and what not without having to PM someone that you actually want to buy something or is that too much work for what little there is to sell.

At least I guess that's how people do it now if they want any TB stuff is to PM Shane?......I'm not even sure.:redface:

Yes, we are ordering stock for the shirts and stuff and when everything is ready we will add the button!

itrader substitute.

you could just make a modified feedback forum with a thread started for every user. Then lock the ability to make new threads and people could just use the advanced search to search for a user after a transaction and post there experience.

Can you make the font size on the thread titles a little bigger. Even if you have to make the author smaller. It's much harder to read on my iphone in its current state. I don't usually like the forum apps

you could just make a modified feedback forum with a thread started for every user. Then lock the ability to make new threads and people could just use the advanced search to search for a user after a transaction and post there experience.

Hmmmm. cool

Status
Not open for further replies.