Suggestion For Razor!!!!!!!!

wbrophy

Somehow run a piece of plastic half to three quarters across the open area above the drain hole at the bottom of the alky tank (to make a sump) were it dips down so that the feed/drain hole is not uncovered on take off when the tank "starts" to get low.:cool:
"So let it be written, So let it be done" :biggrin:

Maybe have some made that way.

we allways run a full tank racing ... although her car doesn't launch that hard :redface:

Somehow run a piece of plastic half to three quarters across the open area above the drain hole at the bottom of the alky tank (to make a sump) were it dips down so that the feed/drain hole is not uncovered on take off when the tank "starts" to get low.:cool:
"So let it be written, So let it be done" :biggrin:

Maybe have some made that way.

Went to test and tune last Friday, and on the last run, I remember the "low fuel" light coming on, then the HG blew:frown: . The alky tank was a bit more than 1/2 full.

Replaced the gaskets this weekend, and I'm fabbing up a spacer to lift the back end of the tank slightly to negate the effects of a hard launch. Results soon.....

I've found it best to keep the tank full as possible at all times.

Whenever mine gets down a little,(below 3/4 full) I see the low fuel light flicker on a hard run.

I think I may upgrade to a small front mounted fuel cell in the near future just to be on the safe side.

The low level will come on.. and there will be plenty of alky in the system. Understand you spray about 1-1.5 ounces per second.. so the volume in the lines, pump, etc is plenty.

You never race one of these cars when low on any fluid.. gas, oil, alky, tranny, etc.. Period.

HG's happen.. its not the alky.. but repeated abuse. A lot of times before the alky kit ever went on.

If you put a pressure guage T'd off the alky line to the nozzle you will see it doesnt drop under heavy launching.. let alone going down the track.

Now.. wbrophy.. easy. Build the tank without a low level indicator and pack foam into it like they do fuel cells. Once a year replace the foam. Hows that ;)

Now.. wbrophy.. easy. Build the tank without a low level indicator and pack foam into it like they do fuel cells. Once a year replace the foam. Hows that ;)

I thought of that but I think everyone wants to know when the alky is getting low just in case they have been a little lax :eek: and I have not seen the foam that is used but I think it might be a little hard guessing the alky level looking at the foam.:biggrin: