Stretch TTA intercooler

I remember seeing a car like that for sale on Craigslist many years ago in Florida. I was just wondering if it was the same one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you look at the bottom of the intercooler? That’s where mine has a serial number etched in it. May be hard to see if it’s been painted.

Did you look at the bottom of the intercooler? That’s where mine has a serial number etched in it. May be hard to see if it’s been painted.

Yeah, No big number etched in like yours. Mine has a number but it is small and etched in the corner on the bottom.

Somebody out there has to have this same intercooler!!! I guess I have to wait untill the right person reads these posts.

Keith Mease made some stretch intercoolers and aluminum shrouds for TTAs and Buick’s back in the early 2000’s. They had a 3” diameter inlet I believe..maybe someone has a pic.

The dequick unit actually allows you to retain the sway bar and does not hang down any further than the stock inter cooler. Most of the other units required the removal of the sway bar. The tranny lines also run under the stock intercooler.
What heads were on your car to go 9’s with this inter cooler?
With the trouble I’m having finding parts I’m thinking about putting Buick heads on it and fabricating a down pipe. There is one brand of headers that I’ve found that should allow enough room for a down pipe and Buick heads but I haven’t got that far yet. I was going to stick with TTA heads and be happy with a 10 second car but I am going to keep the AC and I haven’t found anyone that’s put Buick heads on and kept the AC. I believe I can do it but I am also thinking about resale value down the road.

I have a Precision SLIC that hangs down way below the sway bar but I didn't have to remove the bar. I personally wouldn't drive a car without a front bar.