Stretch TTA intercooler

Im trying to find out who made this TTA intercooler. Shroud is aluminium.

Attachments

• 20190404_150325.jpg
    20190404_150325.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 69
  • 20190406_232441.jpg
    20190406_232441.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 70
Tony dequick made some for TTA's heard they were really rare but don't know what they look like , Scott Hiedinger might know

Tony dequick made some for TTA's heard they were really rare but don't know what they look like , Scott Hiedinger might know

Someone told me a few years ago that it might be a rare one. As you can see it is not a welded together piece. It looks professionally done and is still in exelent shape.

No major damage, a few fins that were bent out of shape went back like they should be. It needs a good cleaning and maybe some paint to put back to perfect condition.

Attachments

• 20190407_001431.jpg
    20190407_001431.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 56
If I decided to sell this intercooler it would be the first step in parting out a really nice built TTA motor. I sold my other intercoolers so I wouldnt have one to run on the car anymore. This is why I didn't post in the classified section. Trying to get some info before I decide what to do.

This intercooler took the car into the 9's and the pictures really don't show how nice it really is. If I cleaned it up and painted it you would think its almost new again.

Just asking if its for sale insted of offering any info you might have tells me its prolly a pretty rare unit to be had.

Just asking if its for sale insted of offering any info you might have tells me its prolly a pretty rare unit to be had.

I’m just wondering if you’re trying to sell it or just wondering what it is. Can you take some pics of the mounting hardware for each side?
How big is the inlet side of the inter cooler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ef82b98dbd40cf71b68df4b60adf97fb.jpg
85c08a86461fc8ea7dfa4d41821b0300.jpg

This is the Dequick TTA unit. I am not sure what you have but it doesn’t look the same. I bought a TTA roller a month ago and I’m still gathering parts to get it back together. Any parts for this car are rare and hard to find.

ef82b98dbd40cf71b68df4b60adf97fb.jpg
85c08a86461fc8ea7dfa4d41821b0300.jpg

This is the Dequick TTA unit. I am not sure what you have but it doesn’t look the same. I bought a TTA roller a month ago and I’m still gathering parts to get it back together. Any parts for this car are rare and hard to find.

Mine definitely is not the same as yours. It has the same rows but the Dequick unit appears to have a little bit bigger inlet and is a lot more crude in appearance. Im sure this can be modified easily by someone that knows what they are doing. Im still at a loss as to who made this one...

Without having exact dimensions it appears like the Dequick unit would hang down much lower than this unit. Again, thats just looking at where the pipes are, having the same amount of rows.

I am looking for a engine wiring harness and a down pipe. If you have either one of those items I’m interested.

Yours looks like a Mark Jackson unit but it’s not a exact match.
a92c56646da4e210be3951eeefe32ad1.jpg

Mark Jackson TTA is on the right side

Without having exact dimensions it appears like the Dequick unit would hang down much lower than this unit. Again, thats just looking at where the pipes are, having the same amount of rows.

The dequick unit actually allows you to retain the sway bar and does not hang down any further than the stock inter cooler. Most of the other units required the removal of the sway bar. The tranny lines also run under the stock intercooler.
What heads were on your car to go 9’s with this inter cooler?
With the trouble I’m having finding parts I’m thinking about putting Buick heads on it and fabricating a down pipe. There is one brand of headers that I’ve found that should allow enough room for a down pipe and Buick heads but I haven’t got that far yet. I was going to stick with TTA heads and be happy with a 10 second car but I am going to keep the AC and I haven’t found anyone that’s put Buick heads on and kept the AC. I believe I can do it but I am also thinking about resale value down the road.

The dequick unit actually allows you to retain the sway bar and does not hang down any further than the stock inter cooler. Most of the other units required the removal of the sway bar. The tranny lines also run under the stock intercooler.
What heads were on your car to go 9’s with this inter cooler?
With the trouble I’m having finding parts I’m thinking about putting Buick heads on it and fabricating a down pipe. There is one brand of headers that I’ve found that should allow enough room for a down pipe and Buick heads but I haven’t got that far yet. I was going to stick with TTA heads and be happy with a 10 second car but I am going to keep the AC and I haven’t found anyone that’s put Buick heads on and kept the AC. I believe I can do it but I am also thinking about resale value down the road.

I should have been more specific when I said running in the 9's... That is this TTA motor and intercooler in a Mazda RX-7. 2700lbs with driver and a tank of gas. Stock heads worked over.