Strange shifting need input.

raflyer

If the selector is in OD, 1-2 shift is sometimes hard and others slips, 2-3shift has a double bump and or slide bump feel

With selector in D, 1-2 shift and 2-3 shift feel good

Selector in 2 and manual shifting into 3rd, shifts feel very firm and quick.

This can't be normal can it? Never noticed it in my last buicks.

If i adjust the TV cable per directions/manual, the tranny won't even shift! :eek:

If i go back 3 clicks, it barks the tires on the 1-2 shift but i only get 3.9v TPS under WOT. The throttle stops because the tv cable is out of travel.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Rob

You should be able to get WOT if its adjusted properly. Open it by hand to verify its at WOT. Your tps may be out of adjustment. The TV cable should automatically reset if its too tight when opened all the way up. Sometimes you need to take out 1 click if its preventing WOT when depressing the pedal. Sometimes you will get 2nd starts if the cable is adjusted tight and wont reset itself at WOT. The TV cable will max out slightly before WOT so the one click doesnt mean anything at WOT. Try stabbing the pedal hard and fast to see if it resets.

I won't move unless someone is holding the lock button in. I've adjusted tons of these and it acts like the cable has been stretched?

Could a misalignment/adjustment of the coluum linkage and floor shifter linkage cause this? Someone said to disconnect the clm linkage as it will cause the tranny to burn up???

raflyer said:
I won't move unless someone is holding the lock button in. I've adjusted tons of these and it acts like the cable has been stretched?

Could a misalignment/adjustment of the coluum linkage and floor shifter linkage cause this? Someone said to disconnect the clm linkage as it will cause the tranny to burn up???
Could be. Ive seen it before but usually it wears out where it resets too easy. Not what you explain where it prevents WOT. Try a friends cable and see if it helps any. Maybe the detent is broke on your cable.