Stranded at work, dead battery, jump start went haywire, anyone seen this??

StealthyTtypeX

MY 86 T is dead in the parking lot. Went to jump start it, everything was correct and the wires got hot as crap super quick and burned the hell out of my fingers. The car is dead as hell. I have seen alot but never this scenario, anyone know what the heck the problem is?????

I don't even know if I left the lights, but I think I may have. If the battery is bone dead will it do that????

Well I fluked the cables just now, they are normal. I am not an idiot :) Just never seen this. When I fluked the battery the ground had no connectivity :( I tested the positive terminal to the alternator and there was connectivity. I have a short or a burn out somewhere. :(

Check the wire going from the battery to the engine block, if its loose it can cause problems. Also check to make sure the positive wire to the starter has not shorted to the header.

first disconnetc your battery. Use a mter and check your positive battery cable at the battery end to ground. If you have resistence than you have a short in your cable. Also make sure the battery itself is not shorted inside. I have seen batteries that will actually short out inside causing this scenario. Before anything else check your battery cable for shorts to ground. This could be loose at the starter and shorted to the hearders or block, could be a bad solenoid or starter. Start there first and let us know what you find.

A short certainly. Check what's already been said. It could definately be the battery itself though. I've had it more than once myself. It could even show 12 volts or so and still be dead shorted inside.