Straight pipes & no cat ?

cesarp

Running straight pipes where the mufflers go & no cat, would that sound good ? Anyone with this set up.

BTW, I've heard that Flowmasters aren't good for the turbo cars..maybe you should look into that. Something to do about the pulsing energy of the exhaust.

that may not be a good idea.....i know i cant drive around w/ my dump open unless my tops are off b/c its too loud and w/ the roof on it just rings my head.....and personally i dont think it sounds THAT good w/ the dump open....we are talking about 6cylinders here not a V8....its ounds great at idle and very low RPMs, especially when the turbo is spooling, but when you get on it it just sounds strange?? thats my opinion at least....regardless of all that i still go open dump about 80% the time when the tops are off:D

Im running straight pipes(Hooker exhaust with no muffs)&I also have a test pipe &It sounds real good:D It does take some getting used to.It sounds like a V8 when it idles,when you get on it you can hear the turbo spool,When you let of it sounds real nice like a jet.In my opinon it is not loud at all.Plus its free horsepower!