straight pipe no muffler?

dragonational

That Guy
who runs thier car this way? I run three inch pipe from the 3 inch dp no cat. I dont have smog inspections yet so i figured why not. I dont mind the drone at 2,000 too much. It really gets peoples attention when im at a light too. Anyone else run this way?

I run a 5" DP to 4" to 3.5" all the way back - no muff, no cat (stock exits). Sounds pure evil. The drone will make you want to stuff cigarette butts in your ears, but evil none the less.

I have had mine this way since 2001. I love it. The drone is only at highway cruising and tip-in at street cruising speed. Keep the revs up and she sounds great.

People double take A LOT when I'm coming and going. At idle it sounds like a big V8.

Considering a muffler or two since I drive it more often now, but when I start it up I don't know if I can do it. I might go start it up now!

I had an 82 that was a non turbo v6 that a swaped out to a chevy 350 with 3" headders and side pipes that was a killer. No one messed with me :biggrin:
The sound was kick ass.

I love the way mine sounds. My father in law told me it was to loud....i yelled what back to him and he just laughed. Man i miss my car. I cant wait to get home and drive it.

3.5" DP and Test Pipe into the 2.5" Y Pipe exiting out in front of the rear tires. Love the sound and hearing the turbo is killer. Still not louder than my 69 GTO with mufflers on it though. :eek: :biggrin: