Storage for alky

Weazel

This just in,alky is good
Hello

Here's an easy one. I picked up a 1 gallon gas can for the intended use of carrying pre-lubed denatured to the track. I figure on a good day I'd probably burn more than a tank of alcohol (especially considering the driving style I have getting to and from the track ;) )
I thought this would be fine, but my girlfriend asked me "So the alky won't react with the plastic?" I was like "duuuuhh... I guess I'll find out!" So I was just wondering if anybody uses a red plastic gas can to transport alky. If not, what do you guys suggest? It seemed that the metal cans it comes with could be punctured, and nobody wants that in their trunk. Thanks!!

Jerod

i have been storing my denatured in those plastic cans now for a while. no problems. i also have used the metal cans they come in. they wont puncture easily. the plastic jug makes less noise as it moves around in the spare tire well though.

I was carrying water/denatured mixes in 2 liter Coke bottles. The trick is to take the labels off so nobody drinks it ;) Never even gave a thought as to if anything would happen to the container.

Those cans it comes in suck ass!!!!!, too damn hard to pour, spills everywhere. Im going to have to invest in a nice plastic can like you guys.

Originally posted by Bens87tr
I was carrying water/denatured mixes in 2 liter Coke bottles. The trick is to take the labels off so nobody drinks it ;) Never even gave a thought as to if anything would happen to the container.
Wouldn't it be better to leave the label on since water/alky obviously doesn't look like Coke? Just don't use a Sprite bottle!:D

I use an old windshield washer fluid bottle. They came with some alky in them when new, so it holds up just fine.

For a track rental day I fill the tank before I leave.

Then I toss in one of those ripoff priced quart cans of denatured in the bottom of the toolbox. Haven't used it yet but it's there. :)

Also toss in 2 oz. of Klotz lube in an old shot bottle I happened to have found. ;)

Key to pouring the alky. is a large mouth plastic funnel with a screen and to pour with the 1" mouth opening aiming up and pour down against the handle and the top of the can.

Try it it works better than dribbling out the bottom. :D

Not my idea my Dad showed me that one. :rolleyes: