Stolen List

scottyb

Spongebob Squarecar
I know this is far, but how about someone maintaining a spreadsheet of stolen VIN's with "identifying marks"? I'd carry a copy just in case I came across a suspect car. I have seen one TR around here that looks "out of place" in the past. Again, far chance, but you never know.

If anyone would like to add to this post with their stolen vin, or a friends stolen vin, I would make the spreadsheet and post it on my web page so it would be easy to find and print.

What I would like would be VIN, Year, GN or Turbo T, Identifying marks.

Post them here or email me at kfelts@frognet.net with the info. I think this would be a great way to help detect suspect cars. I would also accept TTA Vins ofcourse!

I would be ready to post up once I get about 5 or so cars to list.

Stolen 87 Regal

I sent you my information. Keep it going.

I was thinking of purchasing the website stolengn and having a self posting site where owners could come and post there information and it would automatically update.

What do you think?

Mark

Well if you would like to I think it would be a good idea. I would keep the list I compile and leave it open and ccontinue to update it. Then have a link to your site and post any new info I get on your site.
Though ihave to say, I think my idea is fading. I have only recieved your information so far.

I think that's a kick a$$ idea. I posted a question about VIN's to the guys that part a lot of cars but nobody seems to keep track of VIN's from cars they have bought, parted and/or sold.:( If I had any info I would gladly forward it to you. Keep this going, it's a good idea and we need a list like this. Would be nice to seperate between GN's, T-Type's and TurboT's just to make it a little easier. Don't forget TTA's as well.

Website Idea

I was thinking you could have text boxes for people to add their cars.

so the boxes would include

VIN
Year
Make
Model (GN/T Type/TTA)
Color
Date Stolen
Place Stolen
Owner name
Owner address (optional)
Owner contact info (email, phone, etc.)
Additional information (special identification marks or parts)
upload picture spot (200X200 pics linked in the list)

Then on the user side you would have a way to sort by VIN, Model, date stolen or place

Let me know what other features I should have or other fields.

Mark