STOLEN: 1986 T-Type (St. Louis)

Had 2 stolen. Sucks and I know the feeling very well. Didnt find my first one, but my second one looks like yours. I think it was 2005 when 21st Century cashed me out for $11K on my 87 GN 79K miles and 2009 when State Farm cashed me out for $25.7K for my 86 T-type 116K miles. Both daily drivers with anti-theft devices. Submitted a car appraisal for each.

Next will be tucked away or within my sight when I take it to stretch his legs.

Good luck with the settlement.

SPOOLN6

Dang Spoolin....what kinds of anti theft devices did you have?

Sucks to hear...last I read the OP is selling the car as it is.

Dang man, it kills just to look at the photos. My GN was also stolen in St Louis! Happened in the summer of 97, it was found and luckly it wasn't stripped. Full story is posted in my member introduction.

Man I am sorry about the T. That is so frustrating when you try to to build something nice and scrape every bit of money you have together, then some a**hat comes along and takes it in a split second. I hope they catch this SOB and burn him alive. Better yet drag him behind a speeding TR!:mad:

back in 97 they tried stealing mine but i unhooked the fuel pump relay in the back of the trunk and they couldn't start it but they broke the ignition

Sorry for your loss if it pains you.

Maybe I am wierd but if they stole my car and it came back like that I would be happy. I have insurance to 25k which would easily get me another and maybe more. If it came scratched and abused or violated I would be pissed beyond conversation because then Id have to deal with the insurance company and have it on the carfax as well. Even if it ran right you would wonder what boost they turned it up to and what else they did.

Id sell that to someone making a race car(well its a T top maybe not).

I wouldnt want it back in summary. They would have done me a favor eventhough I would have loved tracking them. Just give me my money and I'll go to the cars for sale and start shopping and dreaming which is as fun as driving one sometimes. Its just a mchine so go get a better one.

By the way steering column lock is on always unless I am at work behind the fence or at the house in the garage.

Maybe I am a wierd but if they stole my car and it came back like that I would be happy. I have insurance to 25k which would easily get me another and maybe more. If it came scratched and abused or violated I would be pissed beyond conversation because then Id have to deal with the insurance company and have it on the carfax as well. Even if it ran right you would wonder what boost they turned it up to and what else they did.

I wouldnt want it back in summary. Just give me my money and I'll go to the cars for sale and start shopping and dreaming which is as fun as driving one sometimes. Its just a mchine so go get a better one.

Ya I can understand that but that might be my thoughts after I get the check and a new car. Until then all I could think about would be all the blood, sweat, tears, time, and money put into my car thats now gone. You search and spend just to get the the car exactly the way you want it only to have someone up and take it. I dunno maybe some people like the cars so they wouldn't mind. I personally love the car so I would be crushed to lose it and have to find the next car that had all the options and platform I would want to have to start all over again.

You cant listen too much to what I say because I would look at it as I sold the car for 25K which is not bad in this market. Blood and sweat for me is constant regardless of which car is in the garage. I work on them because I love cars not a car. I have had too many cars maybe or maybe its the Hebrew in me(literally and figuratively so dont be offended). Anyway there are some really nice cars out there right now I'd love to have.

This is clearly a lesson in life. Prepare for the worst and allways have an exit strategy. Thats probably the Air Traffic Controller in me.

How many eople don't have life insurance? Crazy man.

Im sure the owner of this car would be feeling the same if he had full coverage insurance on the car , which he did not. He is just out all of the money he put into the car plus still has a loan on it !

Maybe I am wierd but if they stole my car and it came back like that I would be happy. I have insurance to 25k which would easily get me another and maybe more. If it came scratched and abused or violated I would be pissed beyond conversation because then Id have to deal with the insurance company and have it on the carfax as well. Even if it ran right you would wonder what boost they turned it up to and what else they did.

I wouldnt want it back in summary. They would have done me a favor eventhough I would have loved tracking them. Just give me my money and I'll go to the cars for sale and start shopping and dreaming which is as fun as driving one sometimes. Its just a mchine so go get a better one.

By the way steering column lock is on always unless I am at work behind the fence or at the house in the garage.

Yea I was always under the impression you couldnt get a car loan without full coverage but I guess I was wrong, or different states policies.

I think the 5K is a student loan. Not a car loan.
Collector car ins. on these car is so cheap for great coverage. Everyone owning one needs to have it properly insured. They are highly sought after and easily stolen.
I have atleast 3 theft deterents on mine. I parked mine on a dowtown street for about an hour and I was a nervous wreck the entire time. Even with the theft deterents what's to stop a theif with a tow truck. How many people would stop to confront a wrecker driver hooking up a car. Most people would think..."poor guys car broke down"

I think the 5K is a student loan. Not a car loan.
Collector car ins. on these car is so cheap for great coverage. Everyone owning one needs to have it properly insured. They are highly sought after and easily stolen.
I have atleast 3 theft deterents on mine. I parked mine on a dowtown street for about an hour and I was a nervous wreck the entire time. Even with the theft deterents what's to stop a theif with a tow truck. How many people would stop to confront a wrecker driver hooking up a car. Most people would think..."poor guys car broke down"

I dont think collectors policies would have covered this... dont they all state the vehicle cant be used as transportation to work? If im wrong someone let me know?

I dont think collectors policies would have covered this... dont they all state the vehicle cant be used as transportation to work? If im wrong someone let me know?

I think you are correct.... So he just stopped by to see his bro at the mall:wink:

Just curious if the car is sold...as was mentioned finding a clean TR shell, t-tops especially and with a clean title should be pretty easy to find a buyer to rebuild their rusty one or a project to build one. Being it has the clean title I hope someone makes good use out of it.

The way I read it I also think the 5k is for a student loan, not the car.

Just hope the theives don't buy the car back then put all the parts back on and voila, have the car basically as it was when stolen for cheap :rolleyes: .

Saved

Just curious if the car is sold...as was mentioned finding a clean TR shell, t-tops especially and with a clean title should be pretty easy to find a buyer to rebuild their rusty one or a project to build one. Being it has the clean title I hope someone makes good use out of it.

The way I read it I also think the 5k is for a student loan, not the car.

Just hope the theives don't buy the car back then put all the parts back on and voila, have the car basically as it was when stolen for cheap :rolleyes: .

The car is in good hands and now is in Pittsburgh PA , when reading this posting i was sick about Steves car. 12 years ago my low 11sec gray 86 T Type was solen from me with no ins and was never found so i know it sucks for him.this car is the twin to my car and it almost feels like i got my old car back . i am super busy at my shop but in my free time i have been working on this car ,building a new motor trans and rear and over the winter new paint. here is a link to a gray 86 T Type i built last year that made me wanting my old GRAY car back real bad .Shawn http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/sh...ial-my-86-t-type-resotration.html#post2713480

Attachments

• 86 gray.jpg
    86 gray.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 152
Just wondering from looking at the pics why this car had a heat shield on the heater box. I thought only Hot Air TR had this shield.