STOLEN: 1986 T-Type (St. Louis)

Keller

GNTTYPE Founder
Steve King Jr. just told me that his '86 T-Type was just stolen from the St. Louis Galleria in Richmond Heights, MO.

1986 Regal T-Type
Grey exterior
Grey interior
17" Torque-thrust II wheels
Still has 1986 grille on front
Missouri plate YD4-P2G on front (rear plate Missouri PG7-S2P)
Dual pillar - boost and knock
Pioneer stereo

Police have been notified.

VIN 1G4GK4770GP441840

Contact Steve @ (314) 791-5270 with any info

car

good luck with finding car hope just some kids on a joy ride and not someone that knows what the car is :mad:

What's The Galleria a mall??? Driving one of these cars to a shopping mall is just asking for it to be taken. Hope he gets it back.:frown:

ive had 2 Regals stolen, one when i was in high school, right out of the parkinglot....the 2nd right out front of my house.
I know the feeling of desperation...it sucks.
granted, i didnt own a T or GN, but those were my babies...i got them back but in pieces and on bricks.
hope you find yours and the culprits catch a beatdown:D

Some photos. Any further questions should be forwarded to the owner.

Attachments

• stevecar1.jpg
    stevecar1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,669
  • stevecar2.jpg
    stevecar2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,665
The story

Thank you everyone for your help it is much appreciated. I hope we catch these SOBs and retrieve my car in one piece.

The story is on what happened was my older brother just got a new job working at the galleria.( now before I go any further I must explain that my older brother has been a Buick enthusiast way before I was. He has his 88' Lesabre T-Type that he has been building for sometime now. My point is and I cannot express enough the love and knowledge my brother has for these cars and my TR. I have learned a lot from him over the years and will continue to do so.) Now back to the story. He was heading out the door for work when his daily driver would not start. So he called me up and asked if he could take my TR because it was the only car home at the time and it was only his second day on the job not training, So of course I said it was fine because I trust my brother 110% with my car. BUT my plates just expired so what we decided to do was to switch the rear plate off his daily driver(Lincoln ls) so he wouldn't get messed with goin to work. Now that explains the two different plates. He gets to work and parks it in the parking garage, second floor right in front of a camera and under a spot lot. It is a high traffic are for people coming in and out of the mall all the time so he figured it would be safe. Well he came out from work and it was gone. I do not blame my brother for this at all because he did everything he could to keep the car safe at the time but someone was ballsy enough to do it and they knew what they were doin. A big part of our family is gone and we are all very upset be I am not going down without a fight.

Now that's the story for those who wanted to know. I will post a picture of my car when I get home because I am typing all this on my phone right now so I apologize for the lack of organization of this message.

Again thank you everyone for keeping your eyes peeled and trying to help me me get my baby back. I am a proud member of the gateway buick club and am proud to be a member of the buick community.

Sadly I did not have any type of theft deterant on the car. But with these guys apperantly stealing 1 to 2 cars a day, I'm sure it would not have stopped them. They obviously know what they are doing. And as far as the security camera goes, I called first thing this morning and it seems my detective and the manager of the mall took a three day weekend so I won't know untill tomorrow. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we get a good look at who it was because the car was literally parked right in front of one.

A theft deterrent will slow down most thieves and even stop a few. There are a few that know their way around the system. Regardless not having a theft deterrent is silly. These cars are too easy to break into and too easy to steal. They have been since they were sitting in the showroom.

Hopefully you get your car back intact and not as a bone stripped shell sitting dead middle of a street somewhere. Then when you do, I highly suggest you invest in a permanent steering column collar, a few well hidden kill switches...don't bother with the club or a car alarm.

Recovered!

I just got a call from the police department,my car had been found! I am heading down to the toe lot right now to Identify it...I will post up further details after I am there along with pictures of the condition...wish me luck everyone.

Cool..............All we need to do now is catch the bastards......:biggrin:

Cool!!!!

Great new Steve!!! do me a biiiig favor and when you get it back, invest in multiple theft deterrents.. it is just silly not having anything.... i have no less than 4 on mine and like to drive mine everywhere.....i have mine on the PowerTour have taken mine to malls (carefully placed of course... )

...as mentioned before... these cars are easy as hell to break into.... hell you can bend the window back and stick your arm into if necessary.... and starting isnt much of a problem either.... remember they are ~25 years old..... i have had mine for 13 years and i like to drive;)

Hey Aaron tour brother does towing right? Do you think he would be able to tow my car if we need to? Please call me And let me know 314-791-5270