Stock up on Twinkies now!!!!!!!!!!

There's a lot of trickle down damage from these clowns striking. All the merchandisers and drivers are also losing their jobs and they had nothing to do with the negotiations. Strikes never benefit anyone.

There's a lot of trickle down damage from these clowns striking. All the merchandisers and drivers are also losing their jobs and they had nothing to do with the negotiations. Strikes never benefit anyone.

Strikes never benefit anyone.[/quote]:rolleyes:Tell that to the snake!

Bruce '87 Grand National

Well they were def the most expensive of all the snack cakes and pies, but were the best too. If they couldn't make $$$ at those prices, it was more then likely mid-management. They sold fruit pies for $1.19 each in my part of the country..they probably had .15-.25cents in making it...or maybe even less. They had to be making $$$ and just screwed it all up.

I will say this about Unions though. My shop is non-union. Over 21 years, my owner has come up to me a few times and gave me a performance bonus or even a raise that was brought on by my performance on the job. My neighbor works at a forging foundry that makes parts like the U-joints we run from Dana Spicer and landing gear from Boeing and Lockheed. His shop is Union. I know he has been threatened by the older guys at work for raising the piece part rate. If he can crank out 100, and the rate is 85...he can make more $$$, but then the other guys have to try to keep up. They don't like it. They can do it, but instead... When they hit 85...they go stand outside and smoke or go sit and talk on their cell phones until the start of the next hour. He keeps plugging away. They return and he is 30 parts ahead towards the next hour. They make him stop or call the foreman over and go thru his bin to see if he is doing the job correctly. This slows his rate back down until they see everything is ok and he can start again. The older guys just laugh at him. He cannot get a raise until all the other F'n deadbeats get one according to the contract.
Gotta love Unions.

All that stuff is crap. I don't eat that stuff. Don't worry about the jobs, some other crap snack food company will pick up the slack from Hostess's market share. Too many people eat "snacks" as regular food and in huge quantities. When I was a kid snacks like that really were only a "treat", not an everyday thing. Even the old commercials tried to paint that crap as "nutrious". All the food value has been taken out of the flour in Wonder bread so no bugs will even eat it. Just empty calories and perservatives.

I heard on the news this morning, some eBay sellers are selling twinkies on line, and charging an astronomical amount for them. Really? Like I'm willing to pay more for for health problems with a side order of diabetes. It'll be interesting to see who pays their askign prices.

Twinkies were ok, but the last thing Hostess ever made that I really liked were those Choco-Bliss snack cakes. Most of you might not remember them but they were 2 chocolate cakes sandwiched between creamy chocolate filling and it was all covered in a thick chocolate icing. They haven't made them since about 1992.

8146898382_be4fc1f1b6_z.jpg

Damn democrats trying to take away my guns AND my twinkies. How the hell will I ever survive the apocalypse?

:)

I used to date Dolly Madison on a regular basis, but then she started to hurt my other dating life, so we broke up. :(

I guess this guy is not getting his honda parts.. Lol...

Attachments

• image-1044574493.jpg
    image-1044574493.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 49