stock turbo times... besides Ed Brewer.....?

So what's keeping you from upping the boost a few more psi? Are you worried or do you plan on it in the future?

If/when I get alchy I plan on going as high as I can with 27psi the "goal" but naturally this will have to be done sloooowly..

Damn, I LOVE the stock turbo cars!!!!

GREAT JOB!

BTW, how much boost on the STOCK turbo do you think we can get away with using Race Fuel along with the Alchy to help cool things down? Julio?

ks

Thanks for sharing the info, that is a great running combo you have there.

Thanks bud... Just a lil more to sqeeze out of it and ill be happy with 11.4999 :)

So what's keeping you from upping the boost a few more psi? Are you worried or do you plan on it in the future?

If/when I get alchy I plan on going as high as I can with 27psi the "goal" but naturally this will have to be done sloooowly..

Damn, I LOVE the stock turbo cars!!!!

GREAT JOB!

BTW, how much boost on the STOCK turbo do you think we can get away with using Race Fuel along with the Alchy to help cool things down? Julio?

ks

Right now the RJC bleeder is stretched, shimmed, and turned in all the way. I am using the wastegate to adjust boost, and there is ZERO creep, my max boost is rock solid in every gear 22 or 23 just depends where the rod is set to. The rod has tension on it, but not really that much.
Yeah, i do plan on turning it up to 24, but id like to see more MPH in the 1/8th with....
Port matching the throttle body to the upper plenum, port matching the intake runners to the felpro intake gasket, port matching the exhaust housing to the pass header... Im guessing the car should run 116 if all those are done, and the boost at 24.... Hopefully cooler out and a tad more meth thrown at it.

I think the stock turbo doesnt keep making more power past 24 or so..
As in, it keeps making more power from 18-20 and 20-22 but once its up there, the power gains arent that great. It may keep making power all the way to 30psi, but the gains just arent there IMO.
I could get away with keeping the boost at 23psi, then start turning the timing up to 26 and see if it makes a difference...

Time will tell, and ill let you know what she will do..
And yeah, stock turbo cars are alot of fun, my daily driver has one and its a handful too!
BW

I think you can hit that 11.49 with the way your going & a little better 60'. At that point i'd do an injector & TA49 change & go for a 10.99 the stock appearing way.

Bryan can vouch for this statement. I ran 120mph with my old TTA with the OE turbo, an ATR 2.5" DP and untouched turbo elbow, stock injectors, an SMC alky kit, and approx 24 psi....fingures though, I changed the entire combo after this and spent countless passes chasing those numbers again:mad:

Joe-
I thought at that point you were running a te44, stock injectors, racegas with a little methanol and thats when the car gained its 5mph and dropped 5 tenths to get the 119.8mph
I do remember it being thru the atr 2.5 downpipe.

Then you stuck in those 50s, and the car never got leaned out again...

Maybe my memory is off, but isnt 120mph HUGE for a stock turbo??

Heck, Eds car is the only car that ive heard of that hit 116 on the stock turbo that aint a fullout racecar with some ECM other than a stock GM one..

Did you guys have a good thanksgiving?
I spent this evening working on another motor.

Take it easy

BW

Joe-
I thought at that point you were running a te44, stock injectors, racegas with a little methanol and thats when the car gained its 5mph and dropped 5 tenths to get the 119.8mph
I do remember it being thru the atr 2.5 downpipe.

Then you stuck in those 50s, and the car never got leaned out again...

Maybe my memory is off, but isnt 120mph HUGE for a stock turbo??

Heck, Eds car is the only car that ive heard of that hit 116 on the stock turbo that aint a fullout racecar with some ECM other than a stock GM one..

Did you guys have a good thanksgiving?
I spent this evening working on another motor.

Take it easy

BW

Was it with the TE44? For some reason I thought it did that with the stock turbo and injectors:confused: There was no race gas in that car...it was pump and the SMC kit like I got it from you. Our turkey day was pretty good. I had to work untill 0600 and got very little sleep, other then that all was well. What motor are you working on?

That girdled 109 that we worked on years ago.
Finally gonna stick it into something.... And it aint gonna have a stock turbo :p

BW

Ok, I've got to chime in here. My 87 T, On stock turbo, intercooler, and bluetops, ATR r sway, with fromt removed, on MT slicks, All stock engine except cam change (208-208) stock was gone #3 lobe, Tin-man cold air, pass. air bag, 2.5 dp, 2.5 ss exhaust, walbro 340m, went 11.86 @ 111.98. 1.58 short time *(Awesome!!), *8lb. launch, 113 octane mix, and still running rich, (no knock). Was a cool day at track and that definetely helped. Car is basically all stock, suspension, ect. Has been updated, but u have tocarefully tune to be on safe side.:smile: