stock turbo specs

boogeyman

4CED4
im looking for all the specs doe the stock 86-87 tubo`s can anyone help me out i tried searching but came up empty

id also like to know if a regullar t-3 turbine housing would work as opposed to the 3 bolt setup i have a spare .63 4blt turbine housing laying around

This might help some, if it turns out legible.

Attachments

• 86 turbo map.jpg
    86 turbo map.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 455
thank you for that info, would u be able to tell me if a .63a/r normal t-3 exhaust housing would be able to be used on it ?

The .63 AR is on the intake side. If you want a more detailed explaination click on the second link in my sig.

maybe i should explain what im trying to accomplish w this. i have a 88 thunderbird turbocoupe w a t3/t4 turbo from ebay best explination for this turbo is a huge pile of **** i see that u guys push the stock 86/87 GN turbo`s pretty damn far i am willing to go thru some work to get things right and i am on a limited budget. i see from the map posted that the stocker is just about perfect for my needs as far as airflow/ pressure is concerned.
im trying to figure out if i can get a stock GN turbo install the 4 bolt turbine housing on it and get the car running the way it was when the ebay turbo first went on the car and it was fast.

maybe i should explain what im trying to accomplish w this. i have a 88 thunderbird turbocoupe w a t3/t4 turbo from ebay best explination for this turbo is a huge pile of **** i see that u guys push the stock 86/87 GN turbo`s pretty damn far i am willing to go thru some work to get things right and i am on a limited budget. i see from the map posted that the stocker is just about perfect for my needs as far as airflow/ pressure is concerned.
im trying to figure out if i can get a stock GN turbo install the 4 bolt turbine housing on it and get the car running the way it was when the ebay turbo first went on the car and it was fast.

This is the original I got from Garret. Daves has more info but it's still the same map. I'd suggest that you go to one of the ford forums to get more info on how to modify your car.

Attachments

• 466748-5_comp_map 86 Buick.jpg
    466748-5_comp_map 86 Buick.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 307
i am on just about every turbo ford forum there is. the problem that i run into is most of those guys are complete assclown`s and dont want to tell anyone anything so instead of furthering the sport they just put a bad taste in the mouths of the guys that are trying to learn about them. myself included

LMAO! Notacarlo had the same experience. Look him up and I think he can help you some. Dan's a great guy and I don't think he'd have a problem with helping you some.

the thing is that u guys seem to be WILLING to help eachother.
and the turbo ford guys seems to think they are holding the keys to the galaxy w thier secrets. witch i hate. but back on topic alot of the TF guys say to use a GN turbo but once again holding on to thier secrets of how they wont tell anyone anything. ive gone high 13`s w this car when the hybrid was fresh , stock is somwhere in the mid 16`s.
on a side note i have learned more about turbo`s, e-85, alky in the last week than i learned in the last 4 mos on the TF boards because u guys actually talk about the stuff

so lemme get this right...

you have the early garret draw thru turbo for the 2.3?

or do you have the 87/88 IHI turbo?

as I know the IHI housing wont interchange with the GN turbo. The other problem is that the flange isnt a 4 bolt T3, its a T25.

A.j.

The 88 turbo coupe is injected Aj. They're neat little toys but very underpowered from the factory.

Yes you can bolt a 4-bolt turbine housing to the GN unit. But, that turbine housing will have to be a match for the specific exh turbine it is being used for. The stock GN turbine is a T3, you will need the trim info so that the exh housing matches it correctly. Exh housings can be machined to fit various turbines, might want to call a turbo vendor. Might cost $75 -$100 to have your housing machined to fit.

You could use the exducer and housing off an Eclipse. I've got a housing here but no wheel for it. It's a 4 bolt so that may do exactly what you're looking for.

Forgot to add that it's a T3 with journal bearings if that helps.

the car currently has a t3/t4 ebay turbo on it now and i have a few other ir research turbo`s laying round that i was hoping i could swap the turbine housing from onto a stick GN turbo