Stock turbo limit?

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Here goes...

Ran the car last nite and am able to get 24lbs on first and second...but when it hits third it starts to taper down to 20 lbs as it crosses the line.I looked at the direct scan, it had no electrical changes taking place.So its either my turbo has had it or a bad WG valve?Any ideas or tests?

Anyone able to run over 20 lbs through the traps on a stocker with an 85 not 55 degree temp outside?

time slip
60 1.688 on Nittos
330 5.042
1/8 7.824
mph 89.18
1000 10.203
1/4 12.207
mph 109.52

Thanks guys

That looks like your chip pulling boost in high gear. Normal for a lot of chips. You could have it changed in the chip.If you like your chip and want to run the high boost all the way down track , then you have to take the wastegate solenoid out of the loop. You could run a bleeder valve in the car or run the boost out the side port into the actuator port direct. Then you can havea solid boost setting all the way down track.

Good Luck

It's not the chip :)

Sorry Louie,

Julio and myself have made probably 25 revisions to his chip image. It is set to go 100% all the way, no 3rd or 4th gear scalars pulling it back. Good try, though!

Good luck Julio. I say just go TE-44 and be done with it... But you already knew that!

:D

-Bob

well then, it could be the wastegate itself.....try a HD version....and try looping the compressor & WG and see what happens

Re: It's not the chip :)

Originally posted by BM Computer Src
Sorry Louie,

Julio and myself have made probably 25 revisions to his chip image. It is set to go 100% all the way, no 3rd or 4th gear scalars pulling it back. Good try, though!

Good luck Julio. I say just go TE-44 and be done with it... But you already knew that!

:D

-Bob

Well Bob,
IT would have been nice to know that at 1st. :D That reply took me about 30 mins to type. I will agree with a possibly bad wastegate actuator then.

Are you locking the conveter? What are the RPM's through the traps? No knock at all? are you using turbolink with boost sensing or are you watching the gage?

Converter locked at the line.First and second gear with my autometer boost guage bounce to 24lbs and stay around the 23-24 range.When the car hits third the guage starts to drop down to 20 lbs.My accelleration rate on direct scan goes from 7mph/sec down to 3-4 mph/sec after 95 mph.

On nittos using alky and mixture rich at 810 for o2's.But was rich the entire pass from start to finish.Knock less than 2 degrees after it hit second.

Im going to try replacing the wastegate actuator and putting a bleeder on the wastegate line to bleed of any boost that may be hitting the actuator and see?

Any other ideas?If I could get 22-23lbs the car would be in the 114-115 mph range and 11's should be mine.