Stock or GTA wheels?

I agree. My GTA's are so boring. I am going to replace them real soon. Look how terrible they make my car look. I cant wait to remove them and buy some Centerlines or maybe even come Cragers.:rolleyes:

I know all the people that see my car when I ride around giving me "thumbs up" are just as anxious for me to take them off.

I think your sweet looking paint job helps too!! :cool:

I like the look on my car. It's personal preference. I have six of them that are paid for and they fit over my larger front brakes and calipers. Easy to get pieces for them. I broke a cap and was able to get one the next week at a swap meet for $12. Works for me! :wink:

Right now I am done with the wheel department and putting my money towards other go fast parts. :biggrin:

I agree. My GTA's are so boring. I am going to replace them real soon. Look how terrible they make my car look. I cant wait to remove them and buy some Centerlines or maybe even come Cragers.:rolleyes:

They're just dated and commonplace, that's all. Very few people here have anything original/creative. I've experienced the whole "black w/polished lip" fad in the import world but even there it only lasted a few years. Does it look good? Yes, but that's not my point. Take a chance and do something different. Maybe even start a new trend in the process.

Cragar actually has some new 17" & 18" lightweight rims out now that look alot like a gnx rim with the centers either blacked out or in powdercoated silver with a polished lip which would be my choice plus they are alittle different than the hundreds of gnx wheels already out there-check out their website!

Staggered 17 and 18 does look awsome. I thought the original question was between the two, stock GN and GTAs/GNX wheels. You really dont see many Turbo Buicks where i live, so nothing seems played or boring to me. Im usually one of the only GNs at the car shows and stuff around here, so getting a lot of attention is very common.

The only problem with the street lites is that everyone locally has them now on everything from Camaros to Toyotas. I like the look of them too, but they are the flavour of the month right now. The GTA's are a classic wheel that has endured 22 years and are still popular in the Buick community. Not saying there aren't nicer or better looking wheels. Just that you can't go wrong with a GTA on a Turbo Buick.

I deceided to go with a new set of GTA's from Classic Industries. All the photo's with the GTA's just look plain sick. As stated in previous posts the GTA's stand the test of time.

GTA's are to the GN as the Cragar SS is to everything built from 1955-1977.
there is a reason everyone runs them- they just look like they belong on the car.
plus, they are an oem wheel designed and manufactured to oem standards, which gives them an edge (in my mind, anyways) over most aftermarket wheels that are designed to be light and look good. i've hit some pretty impressive potholes with my GTA's, and they aren't bent at all. how well will an expensive Billet Specialties wheel stand up to the same abuse?

The only problem with the street lites is that everyone locally has them now on everything from Camaros to Toyotas. I like the look of them too, but they are the flavour of the month right now. The GTA's are a classic wheel that has endured 22 years and are still popular in the Buick community. Not saying there aren't nicer or better looking wheels. Just that you can't go wrong with a GTA on a Turbo Buick.

Well, about the Street Lites, I wouldn't call it a "problem"...but rather "popularity"!...:biggrin:... but I agree with you when you say that GTA's have endured 22 years...I couldn't make up my mind as to which wheels to get....soooo, I ended up getting a set of each, 15"x7" and 15"x8" GN's, 16"x8" and 16"x10" GTA's and 15'x7" and 15"x10" Street Lites's!...:biggrin: (I'm not using my GN wheels and stored them in my attic for now because I find them too heavy! :eek: )

Claude.:wink:

Do the GTA wheels have the words "rear" and "front" cast on the back of the wheels?

I need help identifying several garage sale finds.

:confused:

Do the GTA wheels have the words "rear" and "front" cast on the back of the wheels?

I need help identifying several garage sale finds.

:confused:

Thanks for the compliment on my T. It's nothing a fistfull of money can't buy.
Anyway, Here are a few pics of the backs of the GTA's.

Attachments

• DSC00848 (Large) (Medium).JPG
    DSC00848 (Large) (Medium).JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 239
  • DSC00849 (Large) (Medium).JPG
    DSC00849 (Large) (Medium).JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 215
Outstanding, WLDWST. Thank you for sharing the photos.

I've admired your car for sometime, I believe you posted your webshots page in an older thread. My coworker recently picked up a white limited T that needs minor work. I showed him your car via this site as what a white '87 can look like when done right.

Once again, stunning T you have there.

How can you go wrong with having both?:D

I do like the GNX wheels and may get them for my WE4.