STOCK MAF vs LS1

blipmode188

For all the help I have received from this board, I feel obligated to try to give at least a little bit back

I have been chasing high BLM's, stumble off the line starts, gas smelling exhaust (that would end up in your clothes) for a very long time.

Went thru all of the fixes, plugs, plug wires, vac hoses, computer, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, coil pack, ignition module, headers checked, turbo tweaks chip.

I even added a new catalytic converter (since it did not have one) hoping it would cure that raw gas smell without any of the above fixes correcting it.

Get the pic ?

Finally after reading many many post's I decided to replace the stock MAF (incidentally I had 2 of them
and after cleaning both of them without any noticeable difference I thought ok what next.

I ended up buying a used LS1 maf online and I also ordered a new translator from GBODYPARTS (since I could not find a used one online).

This was the best upgrade I have made so far and could not be happier !

By a simple setting on the translator for the high BLM's….. FIXED ! ! !

The smell of raw gas…… GONE

Stumble on tip in …..GONE

Car runs very smooth, seems to have a little better pick up and just is so much more fun to drive.

I think in the past I bought the extra original style maf for $75 or $80 dollars or so, picked up the
the new LS1 maf for $50.00 shipped.

If you have any of the above symptoms and still running a stock maf, you may want to look into it.

It fixed mine.

May or may not fix yours but something to think about.

Steve
maf2.jpg

one of the best mods you can make. The Gen 2 translator is a little more complicated but has more functionality.

The only thing better is not having to use a maf sensor at all.

I have been maf sensor free for over 8 years and would not let a maf sensor within 10 feet of my car.:D

For all the help I have received from this board, I feel obligated to try to give at least a little bit back

I have been chasing high BLM's, stumble off the line starts, gas smelling exhaust (that would end up in your clothes) for a very long time.

Went thru all of the fixes, plugs, plug wires, vac hoses, computer, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, coil pack, ignition module, headers checked, turbo tweaks chip.

I even added a new catalytic converter (since it did not have one) hoping it would cure that raw gas smell without any of the above fixes correcting it.

Get the pic ?

Finally after reading many many post's I decided to replace the stock MAF (incidentally I had 2 of them
and after cleaning both of them without any noticeable difference I thought ok what next.

I ended up buying a used LS1 maf online and I also ordered a new translator from GBODYPARTS (since I could not find a used one online).

This was the best upgrade I have made so far and could not be happier !

By a simple setting on the translator for the high BLM's….. FIXED ! ! !

The smell of raw gas…… GONE

Stumble on tip in …..GONE

Car runs very smooth, seems to have a little better pick up and just is so much more fun to drive.

I think in the past I bought the extra original style maf for $75 or $80 dollars or so, picked up the
the new LS1 maf for $50.00 shipped.

If you have any of the above symptoms and still running a stock maf, you may want to look into it.

It fixed mine.

May or may not fix yours but something to think about.

Steve
View attachment 253860

You didn't expect any less did you???