Stock intake tube

87we410877

Looking for a near perfect stock black intake tube for an 87 gn. I bought the aftermarket one from kirbans but it’s iust not going to fly for the stock restoration I’m doing. Please let me know if you have one!!

Thanks! Tyler

516-356-6238 send pics!

hope you find one
wonder how the reproduction one from highwaystars actually looks in person
they should be back from sema this week give em a call
im curious on theirs

NOS $225 plus shipping
maf_inlet_tube.jpg

Do you still have this for sale?

No disrespect but highway stars sells them for $70 when they have them. Granted they don’t at the current moment, but damn. Ide go $150 or wait till highway makes some more. I mean, I got 12 nos hood pads sitting in my basement but I’m not trying to get rich off em.

Attachments

• F062A359-C744-409C-9709-ACE7D5FB418A.jpeg
    F062A359-C744-409C-9709-ACE7D5FB418A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
No disrespect but highway stars sells them for $70 when they have them. Granted they don’t at the current moment, but damn. Ide go $150 or wait till highway makes some more. I mean, I got 12 nos hood pads sitting in my basement but I’m not trying to get rich off em.

I sent an email to Highway Stars asking them if they are ever going to get the Air Tubes in again and if so when. I will send you a PM when I hear back. Thanks

I just recently bought a NOS tube for my restoration, paid 150.00 from another board member. I don't think HIghway Stars will have more stock, from what I understand the Flex Fab Co. no longer makes the correct tubes. But I could be wrong. The NOS tube that John posted was the only other one I found in my lengthy search done recently (unless someone is hoarding them lol).

the last remaining original Flexfab hoses were cleared out of their warehouse back in 2015. the TTA guys found them and bought out the remaining 50 or so for $50 each thru a FlexFab distributor - no direct sales. here is that thread:

http://www.turbotransam.com/forum/index.php?threads/flexible-intake-pipe-25525662.7852/

Back then, I spoke at length with rep Jacqueline, the original sales rep to GM for this MAF hose and the intercooler hoses. FlexFab will never make these hoses again due to no raw material and changes to the manufacturing processes today.

highwayStars has not updated this part on their website for many years. shows temporarily out of stock as a tease. highway stars never made these - only purchased a bulk order thru a FlexFab distributor back in 2011. when they sold out, they were done.

that's why I've recommended aircraft ducting in various past threads I've come across. 3", 4" , 5" whatever size you want. the CEET double layer neoprene - black- is what you want. smooth on the outside. think of the ducting Pete Tomka used on his cold air kit from years ago sold thru Kirbans and others.

CEET aircraft ducting looks a whole lot better than the aftermarket "stock" maf hose sold by the vendors and Original Parts Group.

@grassdoctor shared a portion of my conversation with him about this topic in the thread below.

https://turbobuick.com/threads/does-turbo-cause-vacuum-in-maf-pipe.463690/

the offer price from John Spina is not a bad price. I've seen NOS FlexFab MAF hoses sell no problem for $400 each.

GM wastegate hose has set a new price of $225 each according to recent ebay sales.

Last edited:
Per FlexFab, the product has a 20 year shelf life. something to consider if and when we pursue NOS parts. For me, operate the car with new CEET hose. At a show, swap out the CEET for a NOS FlexFab hose purchased in the 1990s. Swap back to CEET for the drive home. Buy a 4' length and you effectively have 3 stock hoses. not bad at all for $50 total plus shipping.

Per FlexFab, the product has a 20 year shelf life. something to consider if and when we pursue NOS parts. For me, operate the car with new CEET hose. At a show, swap out the CEET for a NOS FlexFab hose purchased in the 1990s. Swap back to CEET for the drive home. Buy a 4' length and you effectively have 3 stock hoses. not bad at all for $50 total plus shipping.
Where do you get CEET hose?

just copying and pasting from my other threads...Original FlexFab MAF hose is 16" long ( 15 - 15/16 in, as I measured a NOS one - never flexed)

3" (CEET-12 size) VENA MTD (CEET equivalent) from aircraftspruce is $8.75 per foot. 4" ( CEET-16 size) is $11.50 per foot.

Aeroduct is slightly more expensive than the VENA MTD...

3" (CEET-12 size) AERODUCT from wicksaircraft is $12.24 per foot. 4" ( CEET-16 size) AERODUCT is $13.76 per foot.

images of hose, spec sheets, etc. are found thru the links below. AERODUCT has the wording "AERODUCT" printed on the outside of the hose in a diagonal repeating pattern. see image on product page. the VENA MTD hose has no wording on the outside - just a black hose with white/gray spiral reinforcement on each side of the spiral wire reinforcement about the circumference. see product image.

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/ceet.php

http://aircraftproducts.wicksaircraft.com/viewitems/aeroduct-hose/aeroduct-ducting

informational overview video I'll post as well:

http://www.eaavideo.org/detail/videos/feature/video/46874087001/ducting:-scat-sceet-cat-ceet