Stock injector upgrade?

SEP455

Turbo Steve
I recently purchased a 87 Turbo Regal and would like to replace the stock injectors with a modest upgrade. The car is stock except for a turbo tweak chip, 340 pump, adj fuel reg set at 42psi no vacuum, gutted cat, and RJC power plate. Can anyone suggest a good replacement injector? Thanks, Steve.

Steve,

Stock injectors will give you adequate fuel flow to run low 12's at approx 110 MPH what are your goals?

Neal

Go big or go home.

LOL...actually - a reasonable compromise is the common 60# Motron style.
That will keep you in all the fuel you probably need - and keep you from having to jump up in injector size again.
Common - so availability is good, yet not so crazy as the 80's or 120's in price.
You can probably even find a good proven used set of 60's from a racer on here who has gone up in size.

Why don't you PM Chuck Leeper or Bison and see if they have any?
I think Chuck can even flow balance them for you.

Don't forget - for most of these fueling changes - you'll need to get with Bob or Eric for a reprogrammed chip. Usually. Keep a good log book of your inventory so Bob or Eric can burn you a good chipset that is matched well to your setup.

Go big or go home.

LOL...actually - a reasonable compromise is the common 60# Motron style.
That will keep you in all the fuel you probably need - and keep you from having to jump up in injector size again.
Common - so availability is good, yet not so crazy as the 80's or 120's in price.
You can probably even find a good proven used set of 60's from a racer on here who has gone up in size.

Why don't you PM Chuck Leeper or Bison and see if they have any?
I think Chuck can even flow balance them for you.

Don't forget - for most of these fueling changes - you'll need to get with Bob or Eric for a reprogrammed chip. Usually. Keep a good log book of your inventory so Bob or Eric can burn you a good chipset that is matched well to your setup.
I would like to stay close to stock, 30-36 range.

I'd say Precision Industries but I use an old Bruce Toelle 9/11 converter that is really good too. Not sure what happened to him?

I'd say Precision Industries but I use an old Bruce Toelle 9/11 converter that is really good too. Not sure what happened to him?

Bruce is out of the game. I got some of the last hard parts he was making. He has a black cloud that follows him around. Too bad, but he had to get out.

Injectors won't give you more power. I would use the money elsewhere on the car.

May not make more power but it will run better with non stock injectors.

Anywhere in the 12's is good for me.

You should always start with a goal, like you did here, to help you determine what parts you should put in your car. Throwing parts at it without an overall plan can sometimes lead to a cycle of swapping parts in and out because you out grow them too fast. If you have the means then I guess that could be a lot of fun in itself :D.

A 2800 stall would certainly increase the fun factor and help you fry the tires faster but it is not required to hit 12's.

I think I paid like $300 or so for my old 2800 stall D5. Its still in a GN today and its almost 10 years old. My old WH-1 had a 340 pump, 42# injectors, and basic upgrades and 3" Kirban downpipe and Hooker exhaust. It went 12.95 @ 107ish (I think) on a 255/50/15 Goodyear radial. I know it wouldve gone faster on a good tire. This was on 17psi and 93 octane, no methanol.

I would do a set of 42s and a 2800 stall and all the easy/free mods for now. That will get you well into the 12s. Not everyone needs 60s. I personally dont believe in the whole "bigger is better" theory.

The stock converter's fine. With anything higher, you're going to need 12 inch slicks on the back. The stock turbo already spools like right now anyhow. With a stock turbo and ported elbow with dump, my 275 drag radials were worthless. I mean worthless. Why would you want a converter that runs hotter, and is looser up top? He's not trying to compensate for, or trying to gain back some power or speed he lost down low. I'd invest in an A. scanmaster B. boost gauge, C. oil pressure gauge D. rear seat braces, and E. a good set of tires. Though I wouldn't try to continually push low 12's on stock injectors. Screw that. If you have your heart set on injectors, just do the 60 pound mototrons. There's zero point in staying 'stockish' because there isn't such thing as 'stockish'; it's either stock or it's not. If it's not stock, then don't shortchange yourself and go for some lame 36 or 42 pounders. Just go for the gusto. The mototrons are relatively cheap, easy to tune with, and have a good spray pattern. They're efficient and quick. And if you ever dump the "all I wanted was 12's" (yea. that's what we all wanted too. now look at us.) malarky you'll already have the good injectors present.
I've had a decent combo on a stock drivetrain and the car sucked balls. It was like driving on an ice rink. Get a good sway bar and new bushings all the way around. Check your shocks and springs too, to see if they don't suck too much as they sit now. With what you got now, you already have the potential of going pretty quick as it sits. Don't have the cracks start to form by your B pillars on the roof by not putting in all the required braces. I'd also look at a good set of brake pads too if you already haven't.

And for us to give you some good advice, put your entire description down in the signature so we know what you already have, to include any exhaust mods, suspension mods, anything.

I think I paid like $300 or so for my old 2800 stall D5. Its still in a GN today and its almost 10 years old. My old WH-1 had a 340 pump, 42# injectors, and basic upgrades and 3" Kirban downpipe and Hooker exhaust. It went 12.95 @ 107ish (I think) on a 255/50/15 Goodyear radial. I know it wouldve gone faster on a good tire. This was on 17psi and 93 octane, no methanol.

I would do a set of 42s and a 2800 stall and all the easy/free mods for now. That will get you well into the 12s. Not everyone needs 60s. I personally dont believe in the whole "bigger is better" theory.

So you don't believe bigger is better but you want him to spend $300 on a TC that he doesn't need but not an extra $30 for 60's instead of 42's? That makes no sense. The stock TC is fine and why even risk needing injectors again? For an extra $30 over 42's, get the big ones that drive nicer than stock. So what if your DC never gets over 50%? At least your set for another turbo down the road and THEN maybe a TC if needed but by then you're already spending deeper anyway. Heck even 80's work on a stock ecm now; get those.