Stock Injector Flow Rate

SETURBO

Well Paul, the boss is gone and i was wondering if anyone could help me out and tell me what the flow rate is and lb per hour is for the stock injectors on a GN.

SETURBO said:
Well Paul, the boss is gone and i was wondering if anyone could help me out and tell me what the flow rate is and lb per hour is for the stock injectors on a GN.

28lbs from memory with the stock fuel pressure.

Thanks, well if someone added two more turbine fins, would you need to change the injectors to 42lb and get a new chip. I dont know that much but i wouldnt think so? Would it be possilbe to just go up to maybe 30lb injectors and keep the stock chip. I thought thier wasnt really a need to get a new chip until you went over 55lb. Thanks for the help guys.

Travis-

Any time you change injectors, you have to change the injector constant (chip change). Since the injectors bigger than 55lbs are usually (except the new 60/65#) considered low ohm (or is it high :confused: ) anyways, that is when an ECM mod has to be done.

"Thanks, well if someone added two more turbine fins, would you need to change the injectors to 42lb and get a new chip. I dont know that much but i wouldnt think so? Would it be possilbe to just go up to maybe 30lb injectors and keep the stock chip. I thought thier wasnt really a need to get a new chip until you went over 55lb. Thanks for the help guys."

No offense but aren't you a GN vendor, these questions are kindof scary? :confused:

And 42lb injectors are so pointless in 2005 that it baffles me that vendors recommend them.

Add 2 more turbine fins? Ummm, sounds like you had a real winner call and ask you that. I would have politely asked them what they really wanted, then if they repeated the same asnine question, would have told them sorry, can't just add "fins" to the turbine.....it's a solid one piece unit, so it doesn't work that way.

As for the injectors, always match chip to injector size. Some people have gotten away with running the stock chip and 30# injs, but that's only because they are so close in size. Anything larger and chip has to match.

Let me guess.....Paul is out flying around in one of his planes... ;) :biggrin:

As i said in my first post, the boss isnt here and im trying to help out a customer. If my boss was here then thier would be no need to post here. I just thought maybe the buick community could help me out.

"No offense but aren't you a GN vendor, these questions are kindof scary? "

So no, its not scary. The fact that i asked a question instead of waiting for my boss shows the kind of customer relations/service we have here at seturbo. Thanks

Travis