Stock Injector and Alky

LM1999

Since methanol is a fuel, are stock injectors sufficient with Razor's kit? Currently, car has Red's fuel pump, Casper's hot wire, adjustable wastegate actuator, Red's 93 chip, hi-flow cat and 2.5" dual exhaust.

Yup, i run mine at 24 psi with stock injectors, adjustable Fuel Reg, Walbro, and hotwire. 760-770mv and no knock.

Since methanol is a fuel, are stock injectors sufficient with Razor's kit? Currently, car has Red's fuel pump, Casper's hot wire, adjustable wastegate actuator, Red's 93 chip, hi-flow cat and 2.5" dual exhaust.

Yeah, theyre good till mid-12s Id say. I know I went 12.39@107ish with stock injectors and Razor's alchy.

Basic supporting mods with a stock DP & elbow through a Hooker exhaust. 24 pounds of boost I believe it was.

I'll leave you with this. The fastest stock turbo car was 11.37 pump gas and my alky kit. It ran 42 lb injectors at 75% duty cycle. So thats 31.5 lbs per hour.. So you should be able and get into the 11's on stock injectors.

Now.. the issue really is that they are 25 years old. And your asking for a lot higher boost, lot more fuel, and with all honesty.. fuel is not one place to play with. If you take them off.. have them cleaned and flowed and if they check out ok.. then you can roll with them at your discretion.

One thing is what can be done, what should be done, and the decisions to get things done.. If the injectors hold fuel pressure when you shut the car off.. plugs all look nice and even.. motor is smooth.. I wouldnt hesitate to run higher boost with them. Understanding the above statement of them being 25+ years old.

HTH

There you go, you heard it from the Man himself!

On a side note, i am upgrading the stock injectors that came with the car when i bought it (not sure how old they are but they do look old).

Thanks guys.
I guess it comes down to how good the stock injectors are? What is a good method of cleaning them? Soaking them in carb cleaner or brake cleaner? Car has an heated O2 sensor, scanmaster, digital knock sensor, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, etc. So i would be able to monitor lean / rich conditions.
With the Alky kit, do you need a specific chip program or can you just increase boost pressure and check for knock? I think 91 octane (easier to get), 22lbs boost, alky kit and RJC power plate should be ok? Any comments on this set-up?

Thanks guys.
I guess it comes down to how good the stock injectors are? What is a good method of cleaning them? Soaking them in carb cleaner or brake cleaner? Car has an heated O2 sensor, scanmaster, digital knock sensor, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, etc. So i would be able to monitor lean / rich conditions.
With the Alky kit, do you need a specific chip program or can you just increase boost pressure and check for knock? I think 91 octane (easier to get), 22lbs boost, alky kit and RJC power plate should be ok? Any comments on this set-up?

Ive never cleaned injectors personally so I cant say. I just normally run a bottle of Lucas through every once in a while. More so on my daily than the GN, but it'll get it sometimes.

I used to put some zylene in my WH-1 back in the day. That would get the fuel system cleaned pretty good.

IMHO the heated 02 is doing nothing for you. Ive never had a problem with the Denso's. They're cheap and readily availible and are tolerant to leaded fuels.

You can get a chip specifically for the alcohol injection. It would come with higher timing with a special curve to help control transitional knock.

I bought my GN with the Razor's kit and a standard TurboTweak street chip. I tuned it and and added timing and boost as needed. Worked great on the stock setup.

I take it you still have the stock turbo/ IC, etc? I ran mine at 25-26psi with the alchy. My stock turbo, intercooler; and upper plenum were all port-matched. Been running a PowerPlate since day one.

I would recommend using 100% methanol with the 91 octane.

Thanks guys.

You remove the injectors and send them to a shop that pulls the inlet screens, runs chemical through them, and confirms the spray pattern, puts new screens, and sends them back to you with a flow sheet.

You can use a street chip or buy an alky chip with higher timing.

22 PSI you should be ok..