stock gn dyno

equalizer442

Has any one ever dynoed a STOCK gn just to see how underrated they really were?If so how much hp did they make?

i remeber seeing something like 288 RWHP from a stock GN before. not sure whose car it was or what their definition of "stock" is though.

my 86 was on a dyno with just a 2 1/2 exh from cat back in 96 and made 261 rwp

I heard they were underrated,I read some where they made closer to 260-270 outta the box and the tta was closer to 275-300

they were underrated. how else could a less aerodynamic, heavier car w/the same claimed HP as the 87 vette beat the vette in the 1/4 mile? i doubt they overrated the Vette also.

GM is well known for under rating their hp claims. But I think the GN's are one of themost famous under rated cars.
Have to love it. GM claims they have say 265hp so Ford or who ever puts out a car with identical power yet the General still comes out on top. :) Anyone remember the '99 Ford Cobra fiasco. lol

Are you talking about how the 99 didnt even meet the factory rating? Or how its intake was restrictive and choked off power? They fixed it for 2001, and Id love to own one of the 2003 Cobras w/ the blower. Jay

Originally posted by Jayz 87G.N.
Are you talking about how the 99 didnt even meet the factory rating? Or how its intake was restrictive and choked off power? They fixed it for 2001, and Id love to own one of the 2003 Cobras w/ the blower. Jay
Both, all I know is alot of customers were pretty upset when their Cobras couldn't even hold with LT1 powered GMs. lol