Stock GN 1st time to the track

pjnutt

I finally brought the car to the track for the first time, what a blast. The car didn't care much for the 80+ degree temps, and I was kinda disappointed in the #'s. Here's my best pass. The car has an ADJ FPR, Hot Wire Kit, Walbro Fuel Pump, pretty much stock. It would only push 12 lbs of boost and I was on MT ET Streets. I'm also pretty sure my powermaster is shot because the brakes aren't worth a damn and the motor never stops running on the PM.

.691 Reaction
2.382 60 ft
9.015 594 ft
9.571 1/8 ET
80.93 1/8 MPH
14.651 1/4 ET
94.94 1/4 MPH

glad you had fun on you first time out!

sounds like you need to fix that power master issue so you can use the Mickey T's. 60ft should be 1.8-1.9 at least on those tires if you can build boost...maybe just launch using the ebrake the next time, it holds pretty well.

also if you got a stock chip, maybe get a turbotweak one and it should really wake that car up!:biggrin:

John

Down with the 60' and up with the boost and you will see a definite difference!! Your right goin to the track is a blast!! Been years for me and I've been dying to know what the car will run.

You have the fuel pump. Get an alky kit and enjoy some good ET's.:)

Best bang for your buck out there. A good sixty foot and about 20-21 psi of boost and you will see some real good 12 second timeslips.