????stock fuel pump

gixer2

Hello to all,
Just replaced stock fuel pump on my wife's daily driver 86 T type with a Delphi FE0041(stock replacement) and installed a Hot wire kit at the same time. I want to use a TT street chip in the car with some new injectors either the 42's or stock replacements like Kirbans sells. My question is if I get an adjustable fuel press reg and set the fuel press at 43psi to run with a TT street chip what do those in the know feel the life expectancy of the new pump would be or would this just be a bad thing to do in the first place? I am fine not using the larger injectors but I did believe the chip would offer better overall performance if I am able to run it.BTW this car has about 90k on it and all this comes about as I'm on the verge of replacing the intake manifold gasket and figured while I'm there I'll be throwing in some new injectors.Thanks for any and all advice.

You and your new pump will be fine with the new injectors/afpr.... I just finally changed my old, worn out stock injectors with 42.5's and modern chip and it's like a new animal.... runs 1000% better... in every way.... idle, tip-in, cold start, hot start..... you name it.... go for it, you won't regret it... :)

fuel pump location

quick ?, where is it located at? i was considering replacing my pump if it's the original unit. Not considering installing something wild in it but someting comparable to the stock one would work for me. I don't race my car much other then a few quick get up and go, and the exception of the time i took it to the track and ran it a few times. Is it in the gas tank, by the gas tank, if so did you have to pull the tank to RNR it?

The commonly used Walbro 340 is an 'upgraded' bolt-on replacement pump and, along with a hotwire kit, is recommended/suitable for even a completely stock TR.... it's an in-tank pump... must drop tank to access...

A stock fuel pump does not have adequate capacity to supply injectors larger than stock. With enough duty cycle or boost pressure, you run the risk of your fuel pressure dropping off and going lean. Stay around 30 #/hr and get the adj fpr.

Gn

Scott,
Thank You, that's exactly the advice/explanation I needed to know. Now I can order some parts and get this T running good again.