Stock Flywheel Issue or Not " Experts Needed"

ikle

When I crank over the motor I noticed that my stock flywheel has a wobble to it. So I unhooked the PTC converter, to see if it is the flywheel or converter, well its the flywheel. I assume that it shouldn't have any type of wobble at all and that it is bent. But before I spend any $$$ on a new one I want to run it by the experts here. So is this normal or is it bent ? Thanks for your replies, Kyle.

Is this a recent build/installation?

The motor is internally stock, except for valve springs and timing chain, with 50,000 original miles. I recently installed the torque converter and HR motor mounts. I have been experiencing an annoying vibration from off idle to about 2800 rpms, in park and while cruising. The motor runs silky smooth at idle and above 2800 rpm, thats when I started to look over things and this is what I found.

Also if I am going to replace it I would like to get a heavy duty version of the stocker. So what do you guys recommend and which supporting vendor has it. Thanks for your input, Kyle.

I did a search on flywheels and came up with a C.A.T. 3/16 thick, SFI and NHRA certified and it is anodized so it won't rust. Is this a good choice or would I be better with something else. Thanks again, Kyle.

When I crank over the motor I noticed that my stock flywheel has a wobble to it. So I unhooked the PTC converter, to see if it is the flywheel or converter, well its the flywheel. I assume that it shouldn't have any type of wobble at all and that it is bent. But before I spend any $$$ on a new one I want to run it by the experts here. So is this normal or is it bent ? Thanks for your replies, Kyle.
How much wobble are you seeing? I have seen a couple that had more than you would expect, say an 1/8"-3/16" but did not seem to cause an issue. I noticed this while looking into noisy starter issues that the starter needed shimmed.

the problem is our engines are external balanced. so swapping it out with a aftermarket could be bad news. i think i would simply remove the stock one and check it. if its really bent replace it with another known good stock one. When doing this check and make sure that the mounting lugs on the convertor are all the same height. That could be where the bent issues started.

HTH

Also i have a CAT flywheel and it works great!!!!!

it's holding up enough power to run 10.20's @ 3680 lbs!

If you need one, I have a CAT FP231 for a stock external . It is near new $50 shipped.