Stock dp, when to upgrade?

JT'sV6

Ordered a block off plate from rjc the other day so I can throw my tial 44mm external on the new 6262 turbo setup. I plan to vent the gate to the atmosphere to help with bp.

Im still running the stock dp and was wondering if anyone had opinions or experience to when I should upgrade? How much power can the stock dp flow?

I'm sure you'll get lot's of opinions here, but I have heard the stock DP is good to low 11's maybe quicker...All I know is I just installed an RJC 3" and the car sounds alot tuff'r and she seems to spool good.......so I figure I can be a "cool" guy now...... to justify the coin I shalled out :rolleyes: :biggrin:
I dun don't think ya went wrong. Cord'n to yur sig.

Car sounds mean as is with the cam. Sound is important but not as important as performance. The goal is to run bottom 7's or crack into the 6's in 1/8th mile.

I had the tial gate already so instead of having to port my wg hole on the pte turbo might as well throw it on. That way boost spike will not be an issue what so ever and by dumping to the atmosphere it will free up some back pressure and allow me to make some extra powa!

May even do a cutout for the track...

Still want to hear how fast others have run with stock down pipe:cool:

friends TTA with stock DP has gone mid 11's with TA49....supposedly it cinches to like 1.75 in one of the factory bends:eek:

The big bottle neck with stock is the elbow. If you keep the stock DP you should atleast get the elbow ported.

Keep in mind that is "RED" and he has some tuning time under his belt.

That may be true but it isn't magic. The intercooler will hurt a stock appearing combo more than the dp. I doubt the op has to use a stock appearing intercooler. I wouldn't doubt 125+ trap speeds on a purpose built engine witha a stock dp.

I tried running the 6262 with the stock DP, ported stock elbow and internal gate on the TTA. 3" DP are $$$ for the TTA so I held off... I heard of low low 11's with the stock DP with no cat. DID NOT work for me.

WG hole was ported to 1.15 , with nice radius job on the inside. I set the boost at 22# . From a roll of 55mph, WOT blast, it spiked to 28# then slowly came down. Shortly after, I ordered the 3" DP. Done! no more spikes or boost control issues.

^what did you run with the 6262 and stock dp? Why the switch to the t-66?

Have decided I'm going to fab my own 3" dp running straight through a ss magna flow 3" glass pack.

The reason I've made this decision is because the car is on jack stands and I have the material to build this setup(including rjc block off plate). Stock dp may be good for high 10's on a good day, but with the 3" installed on the car, if I dont hit my goals I can rule out exhaust post turbo being an issue.

I get all my piping free so thats a plus as well.